Both boys played nurse, here is little Rowan checking up on me.
This little boy also had quite a few head bonks this week as well. Eighteen months is a hard age!
But then sometimes he looked like this! Love his little face. I think he vaguely looks like my nephew Everett in this picture, maybe??
How cute is this little clown!!!
4. Last week I finally got to see Brendan play baseball. It was so much fun and the evening we went to watch the Falcons had a banner night. I think Zane will really want to play baseball come spring.
While we were there Rowan faced his biggest fear, dogs. He pet this cute little puppy, that's progress.
5. This week there was the first fall cold front came through which started the search for fall/winter clothes. I seriously feel like I just got their summer clothes out. Once again it's been a struggle to find pants little enough for little Ro baby. After digging through a few different boxes I think I have managed to round up a few pair that should work. In one of the boxes Rowan found these adorable rain boots that are almost his size. He loves them! Side note Rowan does NOT love pants. He has quickly learned to how to take them off and refuses to wear any when we are at home.
6. Rowan's fascination with shoes continues and he is learning how to put his new, Nike kicks, on. He also is fascinated with socks, everyone's socks, he can put those on as well, but hasn't really been able to combine the two just yet. He is getting too big way too quickly.
Here is little Ro putting big brother's socks on his hands and feet.
And here are his new highlight colored shoes. He loves them!! This is obviously before the said cold front.
7. Today I think I have finally purchased the last of the things needed to spiff up our family for the big upcoming wedding. Turns out it takes a lot to pull us together. The boys matching outfits are all pulled together, I have wedding heels (that I am not sure I can commit to), sparkly party flats, and as an added bonus the boys both got new fall jackets on our mall adventure today. I caved and got Zane this Ninja Turtle's jacket. He was just so ecstatic when he found it in the store, I couldn't say no, yes he is spoiled, dang it!!! Rowan got a dinosaur jacket that is a cute matching green color. Yes, big brother picked that one out as well.
There is a mask that comes down over his yes from that hood and it zips up over his mouth so he has a turtle mouth. Maye he can just wear this for Halloween??
8. This morning I did my part to help out with the Richard's kids week without their mom. We had a good morning, though Brendan still can't understand why Zane doesn't know how to play video games. He has had no desire to really learn how to play, so we just don't play them, in turn he is terrible at Mario Kart, in turn infuriating Brendan who has been amazing at that game since he was three. We all have our gifts! Once Brendan headed to school Maggie and Zane did bond over the Wii dance game and I got to do Miss M's hair. I am admittedly horrible at doing little girl hair, since I am firmly a boy mom at this point, but she requested a "crazy Aunt Audra pony tail bun." I think it turned out pretty good! And I took the crazy to be referring to the bun not her Aunt Audra, right??
I got everyone off to school safe and sound. Little Everett was such a trooper, no tears for me all morning. Love him!!
Maggie's hair is getting very long, making for a wonderful crazy, bun, pony tail!!!
9. Today I randomly decided to start trying to pull this house together a little bit more. I think this was partly due to the fact that I'm feeling much better and secondly because Zane decided he wanted to be a "beary worker" today. When Zane decided that he wants to clean, help unpack, organize, cook, really whatever, he does an amazing job almost to a fault. When I was pretty much over cleaning/organizing Zane decided we should clean his outside toys, and his room, and my bathroom. I went with it and got lots done. When he isn't in a helping state of mind things don't go as easy.
10. In this same vein today I came one step closer to realizing my dream of my child being old enough to independently do the dishes. Zane can already take out the trash, and does without being asked, which is huge. But I hate, and I do mean hate, doing dishes so I can't wait until the day that Zane can be in charge of this task. He does well washing them in the sink, but today we had a tutorial on loading and unloading the dishwasher. Today, in his super helper, beary worker state, he loved it and it did great. We will see what tomorrow brings. I am hole heartily committed to raising boys who grow up to cook and clean just as well as they can build and fix things!!!!
Zane did the clean up dishes in the sink while I finished cooking. Zane made all the balls for our meatballs this evening. He is becoming quite the little chef.
Whatever Zane can do Rowan believes he can do as well, so he also got a dishwasher tutorial which ended up with him walking around with a knife briefly. Probably too soon for that little guy.