Rainy day silly cuddles on the porch.
2. Both boys had their own tool belts, ready to help daddy. Sadly tree house building doesn't really involve many things that little boys can help with. So instead they practiced hammering in nails on the picnic table, with safety glasses of course.
Rowan was ecstatic to get into Bobo's tool belt while Zane wasn't watching.
Safety goggles are always on!
3. I spent most of the weekend cuddling little boys on the porch, while watching it pour. Sunday morning I got to introduce the boys to a tradition from my childhood, placing a rock at the edge of the flood waters, then checking it to see if the water was still coming up or going down. It had started to recede, but had begun to rain again when we finally gave up and headed back to OKC. It was a stressful drive through heavy rain, but we made it back home safe.
The kids were amazed at all the water. I have many fond memories of floods, as strange as that seems now.
In good news I have gotten reports from mom that the water has all gone down.
4. All of us are snotty and have coughs at our house. Not really sure what is going on, no one feels terrible, but no one is at 100% either. Combined that with rainy weather and our boys think they should probably laying around watching TV all day. I, sadly, feel the same way in this weather. But we powering on through the stir craziness.
5.Friday was my bday. I had a great 32nd birthday, full of lots of fun things. I had breakfast with Able, went shopping for myself, ate lunch with a friend who is moving away, had my yearly bday massage, then rounded out my day with an amazing Willy Wonka Birthday party at the Blakley's house. It was a picnic/drive in movie, with the kids eating and watching the moving in their cars (boxes). The kids loved the movie and a great time was had by all. Thanks so much to Able and Kari for letting us take over your house, it was so much fun!!
Rowan was left alone in his box with his cupcake and this was the result!
6. Of course no Willy Wonka party would be complete with a top hat, which Uncle Able just happened to have on hand.
7. Today Zane got this month's Nature Tracker package and it was again a huge hit. This month was all about giraffes. Of course there is the initial disappointment that it isn't about penguins, but I tried to explain that currently we are just doing African animals. He moved on quickly and enjoyed all the fun giraffe things. The biggest hit were pictures that you scratch off a black top layer to show a colorful picture. He concentrated on this for a long time and was never discourage with the possibility of coloring outside of the lines. Great fun! Zane's nature hunt in our backyard ended with finding another frog that sadly escaped into our neighbor's yard.
8. The sun was out for most of the day today and my only goal for the day, since I am not feeling too hot, was to soak up some vitamin D. We went to a park after grocery shopping this morning, armed with a big towel to dry off all the slides. Turns out every mom at the park had this same idea so we were more than covered and had a great time soaking up the sun!
Nothing is more fun, or more cute, than sliding down the slides holding hands.
I did had to gently remind Zane to play with his brother and not run off with the other big kids at the park. Poor Rowan wanders around aimlessly when this happens.
9. Zane came to a stunning realization today, completely out of nowhere, while looking at his Ranger Rick magazine. I was reading a book and he was reading his magazine, while we rested after naps. All of sudden Zane looks up and says, "Mamma, Ranger Rick is a Racoon!!!!!!!" Just like a light bulb turned on in his brain. He was amazed and impressed and felt sure that Ranger Rick and Bode Bear (his nature tracker mascot) were best friend. Of course they are son!!
10. This weekend is supposed to be farm camp. The t-shirts are made, activities have been planned, everyone is excited. However, everyone at my house is slightly ill, Uncle Brent was throwing up last night, and there is a 60% chance of rain on everyday. So who knows what will happen. I have my fingers crossed for at least some farm fun, but am trying to manage expectations at our house. I did buy rain boots, that should be arriving tomorrow, so if everything works out I'll be prepared for soggy adventures!