The Korenak men, waiting for the train ride to begin. Zane was not to happy that we made him keep his hat string tied. But right before this shot his had blew off and he nearly ran in front of the train while trying to catch it. In OK wind you have to keep the string tied.
Here's the train coming around the bend. I'm pretty sure this pond was built specifically so the train could go around it, but still a pretty view.
2. Sunday morning Rowan woke up with a bit of a natural fo-hawk. Zach went with it and styled his hair that way for the outing. It didn't really last that long and ended with his hair just looking even more crazy than normal. He is still so stinking cute though!
3. Ok one more from our farm adventure then we'll move on. Admission included rides on the carousel. Not really sure why Zane is winking, but pretty cute.
I got to ride with Rowan who loved waving at daddy every time around.
4. With all our fall fun there is only one thing missing, fall. It has been ninety degrees here all week which I find highly annoying. Were is the chill in the air, the fall leaves, the need for a hoodie??? No where to be found, making all our fall activities way to sweaty and today I got multiple mosquito bites. This is not ok!!!! So when the world gives you lemons, make lemonade. On Saturday we ran through sprinklers and played in the water table. Why not, it was stupid hot, might as well. Sure wish our pool would have lasted longer this year.
5. Rowan is loving his new woof woof. When he woke up from his nap Saturday he and woof woof were wearing the same outfit, blue shirt, no pants. I put a cape on him and then they were perfect twins!!!
Rowan loved it!
And then his brother got involved!!
6. So after Saturday's Monster Mash at Pumpkinville the boys and I went back yesterday to get all the pumpkins we could carry for five dollars. There was not a soul there, so we had the run of the place. It was tons of fun and I am so glad we got another chance to play there before it comes down.
7. This weekend we had a beautifully, calm, family park trip. Rowan wanted to sit and watch the quack quacks, quietly, perfectly still. It was very strange, but I loved it. Then we headed to the playground for more pretend Halloween decorating. That's been going on for weeks, lots of fun. Rowan was rocking the fo-hawk for this fun time as well.
8. Yesterday we took a trip to the Spice Shop and got the new Spice to Plate cookbook that is out just in time for the holiday season. It has three different recipes for ten different, delicious, blends. I cannot wait to try some of the new recipes. The biggest question I get when I tell people about the shop is "what do you do with all the blends." Usually I just tell them to pick a meat or a veggie and put it on it. But a cookbook could possibly be a better idea. Head over to Savory Spice Shop OKC for all sorts of present ideas and lots of tasty ideas for Thanksgiving as well!!
Here is Zane with all our new goodies!!!
10. This afternoon we met up with Grandma again for an outing to enjoy the beautifully cooler weather. We tried to go to the nature reserve, which apparently is closed on Tuesday, so end up at the park by Lake Hefner. We went to "the beach" a.k.a the half dried up lake and sang songs on the Dwight D Eisenhower memorial. Maggie proclaimed him her "favorite friend." No, he isn't from Oklahoma, not really sure why he has a memorial here, but guess he was a cool guy.
All the kids looking at the camera at once, unbelievable
Maggie and her favorite friend
The boys and I at the Oklahoma beach. We would have wondered down the rocks onto the "beach" had there not been a policeman parked right there.
Oh and we saw some more quack quacks, Rowan said hi for a long time and really wanted to touch one.
- Our craft projects this week included a Gingerbread Haunted House, which was lots of fun and a great way to get rid of some unwanted Halloween candy.
I tried to use up the bottle of eyes I got for the Ninja Turtle cupcakes, don't worry we still have a lot left.
- And there was an art competition at Zach's work for the Christmas card. We worked on how to draw snowmen and reindeer. Then Zach forgot to take the pictures to work on Monday, so we rushed them up to him before work closed. But not before a last minute submission of a fireplace and Christmas tree.