2. On a sort of related note I decided not to do Deer Creek Pre-K as it seemed really intense, probably impossible to facilitate on the days I was working, and at the end of the day I really want another year with him not with him in full time school. Of course after the struggles of this week I'm now rethinking it, but with how intense of a getting in situation it is that pre-k at least is completely off the table now. Sigh...
3. This past week's other struggle has been the utter decline/failure at running. I have had a nagging hip injury ever since the huge blister on my foot forced me to walk funny for two weeks. This week the nagging went to full on stabbing, unbearable pain when I tried to run which has resulted in two runs ending in tears and frustration. I rested for a few days, stretched, heated, googled ideas, and headed back to the gym today with still pretty rough results. Unsure what to do about this, but at this rate my three miles could easily take an hour. Sorry team mates.
4. The snow all melted today, much to my delight since I have to go to work in the morning. The boys were sad to see it go, especially since I promised we could play in it after naps and then it was mostly gone. I hear there could be more headed our way this weekend so I'm sure we will have more chances to play this weekend.
5. Rowan is loving all his new toys and gifts. He spent a lot of time sitting by the door in his new Mickey chair, courtesy of the Richards, watching the snow yesterday. However, he really would like a recliner, which led to him falling over backwards, a la Uncle Able, a few times. He has named his piggy Sally, she has gotten lots of cuddles, nose bites, and rides in his fire truck. The fire truck remains the hit of the week and I've thoroughly enjoyed having it inside these past couple days to keep us entertained while we were cooped up. Thank you so much to everyone who gave Ro such lovely gifts this year.
Here is little Sally the pig! Love it!
Of course falling over backwards became really fun!
Here is Ro trying to "fix" his fire truck with his new tools, he got stuck, it was hysterical. He also tries to dive in head first and gets stuck sometimes.
6. This week we did learn that Zane will be playing for the Little Rascals this year in T-Ball, best name ever. When asked what number he wanted to be he said, "Maybe 500 or 16." So we went with 16, completely random and I love it. Practices should start soon if the weather can ever pull itself together.
7. In addition to lots of birds that enjoy our bird feeders we have a pair of Mallards that cross the street from the pond in the morning to come get breakfast. We have affectionately named them Marty and Mary. This particular day they brought a friend with them. They are so sweet and don't really scare when we come outside anymore. However, the geese still are trying to come eat our food and are chased away every time. There is still bad blood between the geese and I. The boys love our new friends and call them by name. I love this house and the view from our front window.
10. That's about it, work is work, Zach has been crazy busy with his work. I am enjoying working two days, but wish things would settle out here. I'm dying for nicer weather to stick around so we can run and play at the park all day. Hopefully everyone stayed safe and warm this week. Happy Tuesday!