Saturday, July 10, 2010

Better know Zane


I know everyone is aware of Zane's broken heart but there is so much more to our little man. He is absolutely adorable and such a happy baby. So I thought I should document a few of our favorite things about little Zaney.

First of all when we found out we were having a boy the first thing I thought was 'I hope he looks just like Zach so Zach can experience having someone look like him'. For those of you who don't know Zach is adopted. He has always found it very strange that I look my parents and siblings. Well as soon as I saw Zane I knew my wish had come true. He has his daddy's eyes, nose, mouth, and feet. All I really contributed to his appearance is my dad's hair line and of course the Dotter dimple. I will have to pay more attention with the next baby.




He was born with basically no eyelashes or eyebrows. Now you can barely see his little white eye brows that kind of look bushy like and old man. I always thought my babies would be bald because we are both so blonde, but I was so wrong. Zane has a full head of white blonde hair. I constantly try to get a good picture of how it sticks up after his bath but it is so white it doesn't show up on camera. Here is one of my favorite pictures, it's after Zane's first bath when we first discovered how adorable his hair is after a bath. Sadly his alien jammies are too small now but they were super cute while they lasted.


Zane is a very happy baby. He rarely gets upset enough to get to a full cry. When we initially put him in the car seat he will cry for about 45 seconds and then he falls fast asleep (he should teach this trick to his cousin Maggie :). We maintain he is too lazy to cry for too long, which I totally respect. He grins a lot when he is awake and nearly every time right before he falls asleep. He must be having sweet dreams because he giggles in his sleep often. The first time this happened I thought he was crying and rushed to the cradle only to find my little boy belly laughing. It was the most adorable thing I have ever seen and now happens on a daily basis. The picture on the left was taken as he was falling asleep waiting for echo and EKG on Thursday, happy even under the worst of circumstances. I'm trying to taken a lesson from him in that regard.











No comments:

Post a Comment