Wednesday, November 10, 2010
We love sweet potatoes
I have been struggling with getting Zane to eat again after surgery. He had eaten bananas before surgery and had done well with that, but since he has been home I have been struggling trying to make other food that he will eat. I had been trying to puree carrots and sweet potatoes, but was struggling to get it thin enough for him to do well with it. He did ok with carrots, though there was some gagging, and completely hated the sweet potatoes I made him.
So after getting really frustrated with the whole situation I decided to at least price out the baby food at target today. Turns out you can get two containers of baby food for $0.97 which I thought was completely worth the decrease in my stress level. When we got home Zane started to act hungry so I thought I would see how he did with the baby food sweet potatoes.
The results were... HE LOVED IT!! He did amazingly well and ate half the container. He kicked and bounced in his chair with excitement and really wanted to be in control of the spoon. I went past the point where I really thought I should stop feeding him because he kept acting so excited, so he did throw up just a little bit, and we were both covered in sweet potato but it was fantastic!
Of course I called Zach to share the exciting news. However, my beloved son made a liar out of me. When Zach got home and tried to feed him again he wouldn't eat and spit everything out. That little rascal :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment