Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I guess I will start with the weekly Korenak medical update. Yesterday afternoon the ear that Zane has been pulling on for a week and a half started to swell up, get red, and hot. At first I thought it was just red from him rubbing it, but we ended the evening with it being extremely swollen and with plans for Zach to take Zane back to the doctor in the morning. The doctor said it is a bite, which I find highly strange, since I am pretty sure Zane would melt down if he got bitten by a bee, but what do we know. Obviously not much because our kid's ears are fine, yet we keep taking him to the pediatrician. Maybe because he keeps pulling on them, is beyond crabby, and now his ear is huge to boot.


2. Yesterday I finally went to Fleet Feet to have the professionals tell me what shoes I need for running. It was an intense process, which included me jogging down the side walk of a shopping center. They really didn't tell me anything I didn't already know, but they did tell me what shoes would work for my wide feet with high arches (which have dropped due to my terrible shoes). They also told me that I needed to have my running shoes be about a half a size larger than my regular shoes so my toes don't get scrunched up, so now I think my feet look huge! I'm glad I have them, now I just have to find time to run.

3. In case you are living under a rock and haven't heard the big news, THE CARDINALS ARE GOING TO THE WORLD SERIES, HOORAY!!! The Cards won the world series the first year we were married so it is taking me back just a bit. The city is buzzing with excitement and my husband has been given a free ticket to the game on Thursday. Of course I have to work, so after much begging and pleading I think I have finally found someone to watch Zane. I sure wish we had family that lived close by, and I am sure the girls at work wish that as well. Thanks Allie you are a life saver!

4. Friday Zane and I are jumping on the big bird to head back to Oklahoma for a weekend visit. I originally was going home to try to go to an OU football game. However, since that plan was made the weekend has turned into a big birthday celebration for my Grandpa and now I will have a baseball game to watch as well. Plan B sounds just as fun. I can't wait! Hope Zane gets himself under control/feels better soon!

5. Yesterday I made this recipe for a lady I work with whose son had major surgery yesterday. I didn't eat any of it, but it sure looked like it would be tasty and fun. It was great to be able to repay the favors of all the people who brought us food when Zane was in the hospital and I found a new fun recipe in the process. In great news her son is doing well and is out of the ICU. As a side note I love www.familyfun.com, tons of cool craft ideas, recipes, and kid activities.

6. I want to wish a very happy birthday to my dear friend Jeff. I hope you had a wonderful day. I had all intentions of calling you, however I didn't even leave work until 8 p.m. So by the time I got my son under control it was too late to call. I know you live in Dallas, but you better be rooting for the Cardinals my friend. Happy bday buddy!

7. I am suppose to be going to the zoo tomorrow with Michelle. We have been trying to go to the zoo together since about August, but haven't managed to make it yet. Tomorrow the high is going to be 52 degrees so not looking so great for tomorrow either. I have only been three times this year which means my membership hasn't paid for itself yet. Hope this isn't really winter starting, maybe we can get a few more days of fall so we can get to the zoo a few more times.

8. Zane's new best friend is Dale, the clydesdale. He gives him "drinks" from his sippy cup, lets him "eat" from his snack cup, strokes his mane, gives him all kinds of hugs/kisses, and makes him run all over this house. It is just about the cutest thing ever. I haven't gotten a picture of the two best friend yet because I have always been a vital part of the activities, but hope to get one soon. I think it helps that Dale can actually stand up, not just lay around like most stuffed animals. I love watching him play pretend with things, so much fun!

9. Is it bad that I dread the holiday season coming up. It is unbelievably stressful to me because I always have to work holidays or the weekend after a holiday. Also our families will never live in the same place so someone is always disappointed that that can't be with their family, or our families are disappointed they can't see us. I am sure I will have to work Christmas or Christmas Eve and I work the weekend after Thanksgiving so it will be difficult to get back to Oklahoma. It just always makes me stressed and depressed, which I hate.

10. I wish we could have fires in our fire place again. I am pretty sure we won't be able to do that again for a good long while. Zane would try to climb in it. He has opened the stove (WHEN IT WAS OFF) and tried to climb in it, twice, so I am sure he would love an active fire. Also, the bricks in front of the fire place are currently being used to house all three of Zane's pillow pets. I would hate for any of the pets to catch on fire!

Happy Fall Tuesday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. My cousin Freddy and his wife Katrina have two girls and then they had Hunter. They had fires through all the kids. One day, they couldn't find two year old Hunter anywhere, and it was a huge panic filled moment until...he started making a lot of noise from the fireplace!!!

    ReplyDelete