2. Recently one of Zane's favorite activities has been playing in his room with all his stuffed animals. He organizes them, tells me their names, what they say, and puts them to sleep. This weekend we took it to another level with a blanket fort. Zane loved it! That led to hours of family fun playing in the fort.
Oh yeah, we had to do some doctor visits in the fort as well.
4. Zane is now thoroughly in the "why" phase of toddlerhood. It is adorable, but as anyone who has engaged in the hours of why questions knows, it is also sometimes quite frustrating. I personally love when he puts his little hand up and tilts his head and asks "why" to everything I say, such as yesterday in Target. "Why milk mamma?" "Why no juice mamma?" ect.
5. I also have found myself in quite a few classic toddler stubborn offs. They generally involve eating. For example Zane decides he doesn't want to eat anything and proclaims himself "all done" within about two minutes of sitting down. We tell him he has to eat at least two bites, hence the stubborn off begins, usually ending with him saying "no" angrily, pushing his plate at me, then landing himself in timeout then he takes his bites and it is over. I get that it is just a phase and he is testing boundaries, blah, blah, blah, but it is still oh so frustrating.
6. I'm headed to South Carolina Friday for girls weekend 2012. It is going to be a celebration of my dearest friend Anna turning thirty and us reminiscing about our love of the olympics together. I am no way prepared for said trip since I am working nights and sleeping my life away. No cute outfits for this girls weekend, but that is what is great about best friends they don't care if you are adorable or in a t-shirt, right Anna?
7. Speaking of nights, I hate it. This is no surprise, though I was trying hard to go into it with a super positive attitude. The work load is lighter, with much less going on during the night, so more time to sit around and not run like crazy like you do on days. But the reverse of that is that it makes my body feel terrible, Zane has to go to daycare an extra day, while I sleep, and I end up feeling lazy and useless all the time. One week down, five to go.
8. I am very excited about the Olympics starting. Maybe while I am sitting around the house being annoyed that I can't sleep anymore, I will be able to catch some of the games. Zane has perfected his USA chant and as an added bonus the diapers I ordered last week arrived and they are special edition USA diapers, with USA on his bottom. How patriotic!!!!
9. With the end of July upon us that means that I have to get started on Zach and I's year in review book. I make one every year for our anniversary and love having them to look back on. I started looking through pictures yesterday and can't believe how much Zane has changed over the year. He still had a baby face last summer and it slowly has transformed into a little boy face. Don't get me wrong I love the little boy face, but I miss that baby face so much.
10. Also with it being the end of July it means that it is freakishly hot here and I'm getting tired of it. We go outside for about thirty minutes a day and end up in a full body sweat. We did get snow cones this weekend which helped beat the heat a little. Zane is officially a snow cone lover as well, finishing off his snow cone all by himself. Yes, he had a shirt on when we left the house, but figured it was just easier to take it off to avoid the hot mess of snow cone on it.


I, for one, love to see little boys without shirts on. Those sweet little shoulders that you know will grow into big strong manly shoulders some day. Too cute and sweet enough to kiss. I need to come see this boy. I am going into withdrawal.
ReplyDelete