The last fun Christmas activity we had during our trip to SEMO was Christmas cookies at Aunt Trina's house. This is right up Zane's ally, though he was pretty tired by this point in his visit, but he powered through.
Some how Aunt Trina's cookie cutting process was much less mess and much more pulled together than my own. I think there are a few factors that helped her process be a bit more pulled together. First of all her huge kitchen, secondly her flour shaker which decreased the huge quantities of flour everywhere which is a staple of our cookie making, and lastly the extra table in the kitchen for storing and decorating all the cookies. Probably having four adults oversee the process didn't hurt either
Zane and Aunt Trina at work.
The most important part, the tasting! These two were very good at that part!
The decorating station
Quite the pair
Minor frosting situation, but we handled it.
Here are the goodies. There were tons of trees with frosting later, but I forgot to get pictures of them. Delicious!
I'm sure this won't be the last of our Christmas cookie making, but it's the first go around. So glad we got to share it with Aunt Trina, Grammi, Michelle, and Adeline. It was great fun!!!
That was so much fun! But I had to get my friends at school to help me eat all the cookies!!!
ReplyDeleteAunt Trina