Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1. I don't really know where to start this so, here goes. Thanks to everyone who has called, texted, and emailed checking in on my family and friends in Oklahoma. They are all safe, though very shaken up and heartbroken seeing our state go through this again. That being said Oklahoman's are amazingly resilient and sadly have been through this too many times before. What they need now are our prayers and donations to the Red Cross, who will be helping with housing, food, water, and other needs of those who have lost everything. Text REDCROSS to 90999 and ten dollars will be donated to the Red Cross relief effort or go to https://www.redcross.org/donate to make a donation. People there have lost everything and are starting over, so every little bit helps. But by the grace of God go I or my family.

 2. I'm back at work and trying to get back into the rhythm of being a working mother. The days I work I literally can get nothing done at home, which puts everything behind and I have to play catch up on the days I'm off. It takes a day to recover. Hopefully now that I'm part time it will be better, but still an adjustment. The first day back went really well. It was a good day and nice to see everyone again. An incredibly nice coworker floated for me so I could be on my floor, thanks Tash, you are too kind. Today was much busier, but I managed. Pregnancy brain never goes away, which is highly annoying.

3. As predicted the scratchy throat has turned into a cough, per usual, so I'm trying to beat that back, but have very little energy. I'm going to have to go back to the doctor to adjust my asthma/allergy plan because this has happened every six weeks for months now. It's exhausting being sick for two weeks every six weeks. Just about the time I get in a routine of exercising I get sick, can't breath, and am coughing up a lung so can't do anything and it is liking starting all over again,very frustrating. Zach has it this time and the boys are both snotty so maybe it is something different since they usually don't get sick with me.

4. Sunday we took our first trip to Grant's Farm this year. For some reason every time I go there it is either ungodly hot/humid or drizzly. This time it was crazy hot and humid, which I wasn't expecting for some reason. Had I known it was going to be that hot I probably wouldn't have taken Rowan, or at least would have brought his hat, but we powdered through. We hit all the highlights, the goats, the carousel, pretzel with cheese, and feeding a camel. My favorite part, by far, was the brand new baby camel.



 Rowan is a true St. Louis child now that he has had his picture taken with the Budweiser wagon.

5. Next week we head to OK for farm camp 2013. I can't wait and am starting to try to plan some activities. Not sure what Rowan is going to be doing at farm camp, but Daddy is coming this year for extra adult supervision, which will be very  helpful. Mom how are the t-shirts coming?? Emily farm camp will be running Thurday-Saturday if Kyser and Knox want to take part in the fun. I can't wait for you to meet Rowan.

6. The iPad is fixed and securely in a new Otter Box case. I felt incredibly stupid trying to get it in said Otter Box case, but I figured it out. Hopefully it is safer now, but if anyone can figure out how to break it, it would be Zane.

7. We are also getting excited about the Dotter Family Reunion in the Denver at the end of June. I haven't seen the Dotter cousins in years. I can't wait to see them all and have them finally get to meet my kids. I can't believe they have never gotten to witness Zane in person. Get ready guys he does not disappoint.

8. Number eight was going to be about how excited I was that Rowan was awaken when I got home from work today with his smiling face and how that made my evening. That remains to be true, but our cuddles were interrupted by Zane's blood curdling scream. He was having a bad dream, one of the ones he can't wake up from, which is heartbreaking to see. That all started at around nine, it's 10:20 now and he has been back asleep, back awake, and now back asleep again. This does not bode well for the night or tomorrow. Sad face.

9. Speaking of tomorrow, I'm currently soaking up the last few hours in my twenties. It's the end of an era, one which I have to say I'm ready to come to a close. My twenties have ended on a high note, but there have been quite a few low notes this decade as well. I'm ready for the next one. Thirties here I come!

10. No big plans for the bday. Tomorrow I'm hoping to have lunch with Zach. Thursday Zach flies to AZ for work, the boys are going to daycare, and I'm having my annual spa day to celebrate my birthday. I have never dropped them off at daycare before, so hoping I actually muster the strength to leave them there. I'm ready for a day of relaxation, followed by an evening of single parenthood.

Sending my love out to all my people in the Sooner State. I miss you all and can't wait to give you big hugs soon.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday! Welcome aboard the 30 bus, it is quite the party!

    ReplyDelete