2. Before his belly issues started we had brought the high chair up from the basement and had started trying to get Ro to eat some "solid" foods. Baby oatmeal and bananas, nothing too crazy, and really only a few bites because he absolutely hates it. The first bite went ok, but every since then it has been pure hatred, meltdowns, and vomit.
"Hey this chair seems fun, sitting up, seeing the world."
"This is the worst thing ever."
Not sure what we are going to do about that. I thought switching to bananas which are the best thing he is going to have to eat for the next year, might help, but it did not. Maybe once his reflux is back under control we will try again.3. Yesterday, when the afternoon randomly turned into a monsoon outside, we headed to the basement for some random fun. In another case of "I couldn't have planned it if I tried," Zane decided we should turn his train into a rocket. Luckily for us we have a huge quantity of cardboard in our garage currently (think amazon Bday presents). Zane thought all the train needed to make the transformation into rocket was a "lid." Here is the evolution of the rocket. First, add a folding chair for comfort (don't forget your helmet), then some fixing, add a lid, and decorate, ta da!!!
This was good for a solid hour of fun while outside our house it looked more like this.
Good news the basement didn't leak, hopefully we have fixed the big cracks.
Zane wanted to hold Rowan after this picture and things went well. Here are the boys, looking adorable.
This was during brother's nap time. It's not nearly as fun with Zane is "helping" him play.
It appears all is well, how quickly the tide turned.
Look at those toes. This blanket is made from extra material from my baby blanket. Lots of pictures of me as a baby on a blanket just like this. I love it! I'm sure you planned that, right mom?
7. Here is my favorite spice of the week. I swear I'm not just trying to plug my brother's business, but somethings are just too good not to be shared. This weeks feature, Supreme Shallot Salt. I had heard my sister rave about this so I picked up a bottle on our last trip home. The ingredients are simple, Salt, shallots, minced green onions, and arrow root. I, like most people was a little thrown by the shallot idea at first, but they are just a different member of the onion family, with a slightly milder, awesome taste. This makes every vegetable better, corn, green beans, potatoes, peas, you name it. It is on our table with the salt and pepper shaker now. Simply a must have, life changing find. Call Savory Spice Shop OKC (405-525-9119) to add this to your spice wrack ASAP.
8. This week Rowan was finally big enough to wear Zane's green overalls that he got from Aunt Christal. These were made famous by a super smiley picture of Zane wearing them while sitting in his blue chair, pre-surgery. Yes, all of Zane's pictures are categorized in my brain as pre and post surgery. I took Rowan's picture in the same chair then went hunting for Zane's version. I couldn't find it at first because he was two months oldish when he was wearing them and Rowan will be four months on Friday and they are still big on him. Here are the two shots. Rowan has grown into his own little look, but you can definitely tell they are brothers.
9. Birthday decorations are up, per Zane's request. They include tons of balloons, streamers, and an unnecessarily long Spiderman Happy Birthday banner. Zane told me where he wanted things hung, which led to some lopsided decorations that my OCD can't really handle, but I'm leaving them alone, it's his party. I'm thinking really hard about buying the $20 huge spiderman balloon, haven't pulled the trigger on that, but I might. I'm going to decorate his doorway, so it's fun to walk through, before I go to bed. Tomorrow we are going to the zoo and then dinner with just us tomorrow night. Zane is beyond excited and has been asking Zach and I, "what time is it" and then when we say 8:30, or whatever time it is, he says "it my birthday yet?"
10. I was hoping to be able to welcome little August into the world on today's blog, but last I checked Jess had just gotten her epidural (which didn't go well) and still had a ways to go. So Zane and August might be birthday buddies!! Hang in there friend, sending you lots of love. I wish I could say you forget all the pain of labor, like people told me, but I vividly remember it, but it is well worth it!!! Can't wait to see your baby girl.





I did, in fact, plan on saving that material for one of your babies....after we decided that you would be our last baby. I was actually saving it for your little brother or sister. We tried on number four but it ended badly for everyone. Oh well. Love the pics! See you soon.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Zane!!!
ReplyDelete