2. Over the weekend Rowan had a big milestone, he got his first little baby hair cut. It was probably long over due, but I was so in love with his long baby hair. It wasn't much of a hair cut, more of a trim, but now he looks so much older. He was not a fan of the hair cutting process and required lots of cuddles afterwards.
Probably a little sad to say good bye to his long locks, they were kind of his "thing." And yes he randomly had three mosquito bites on his forehead the day we cute his hair. Maybe they had been there a while and we just couldn't see them until after the hair cut??
Daddy cuddles helped.
3. In other adorable Rowan news he looks quite dashing in a cowboy hat. Zane obviously did the honors of putting the cowboy hat on him, but Rowan quite enjoyed it and looks so adorable in the process. Today we got Rowan a little horse costume/footy pj's so we officially will have a cowboy and a horse this Halloween. How cute is that going to be? Now we just need to figure out where we will be trick or treating.
4. I failed to mention our numerous trips to parks while we were in OK. We had lots of fun during our park trips. Zane fed geese, very bravely, without having them attack him, which I thought might happen. The kids took a trip to the "beach" at Lake Hefner, while Rowan and I cuddled, and Rowan got to swing for the first time, and loved it.
Mr. Ro and I. Turns out there aren't very many pictures of just him and I. He doesn't look like me at all, but still very cute.
Love this shot of Brendan and Zane feeding the ducks at "the beach"
Zane really wasn't trying to chase the geese, just trying to get it to eat his bread.
Rowan's first go at swinging. He wasn't sure of it here, but has since grown to love it.
Brendan helping Zane up the rock wall.
5. The Cards are in the post season here which means the town is painted red, everyone is dressed in red, and there are all sort of Red October things happening. This is something I will dearly miss from the STL. I have grown to love the red birds and truly enjoy being part of the city coming together every year in the post season. Rowan wore his Red Birds gear for the first game of the post season and then I realized Zane somehow doesn't have a Cardinals shirt, which will have to be rectified before we move. He will need it for the world series, of course!
Rowan's new favorite activity is standing and playing with this table. Or he would also take standing anywhere really.
6. Random adorable photo time. Here are my boys in the car cart again at the grocery store. These two love each other, except when things get aggressive, but such is life.
Oh and Zane loves putting his sunglasses on Rowan all the time.
7. This evening Zach headed to Joplin to hand over that job to his replacement. Meanwhile I went to my fancy camera class that Zach got me for mother's day. I think I learned a lot, but slightly concerned that I will forget it quickly. I do think that I know what all my buttons do now, which is a start. Big thanks to Ashley for watching the boys so I could get this class in before we move.
8. What else is happening.... Umm Zane is sleeping much much better, usually through the night, and in big boy undies. He requested sleeping in his underwear and randomly we said yes. He has done great, with dry undies for five days straight. I was fully prepared for pull ups until he was like six, but will definitely take this as well. He is very proud of himself and hope our luck lasts. I know full well that by me typing this he will wake up like five times and definitely wet the bed, but so be it. I'm proud of him.
9. I only have five days of work left, but the current patients on the floor are very depressing. There have been lots of sad moments and rough days, emotionally, reminding me that I really need to find a happier career. I don't know what that is, or what I could do, but my goal is to never have another day, like today, where I am crying about my work. Wish me luck in finding that. Also, hung your kids a little tighter and count your blessings everyday!!
10. Lastly, Mom is coming up Thursday to watch the boys this weekend while Zach and I head off for a romantic weekend at a B&B. We are actually going to Herman, MO to celebrate my dear friend Brandy's long awaited wedding. I am very excited for a weekend away, but there is a tinge of sadness knowing this will be the last big get together with all my work friends. I'm going to try to make the most of it and not become a crying mess, but it will probably end up being a little of both.





The haircut does make him look older. Poor baby. Don't worry. Worrying doesn't help anything and only makes you ill. Trust in the movement of creation and your part in the grand dance. All will be well. Let go and believe. Love you guys.
ReplyDelete