Not only does Rowan turn nine months old today, but today also marks eight years since Zach and I got engaged, on November 21st, 2005. Just a little fun fact for you there. On to adorable little Rowan. He is nine months old and doing so many big boy things. He is much more coordinated with his standing up and cruising. He has also transitioned into using your standard hands and knees crawl instead of his army crawl of the past few months. He has a couple different variations of this crawl, the power crawl; which is very fast and with a purpose, never bending his elbows. Then there is the sad boy crawl; slow and methodical, head down, crying hard/saying Mama, while coming in for a cuddle, usually after something devastating has happened to him. Lastly, there is the bear crawl, highlighted in yesterday's post, and used mainly while outside, or when he is climbing over things. He has started to try to stand from sitting, but has yet to be successful. It usually ends in him lunging forward, onto Zane, or into a crawl. He gets up on his knees to play with or reach things, and can stand unassisted for very short periods of time, so you know what's coming next. I'm scared!
Ro trying to stand up during his photo shoot.
Going for brother's sippy cup.
He always moves with purpose, trying to knock things over on tables, reach for his brother's toys, and has started getting into a little bit of trouble. Usually for trying to climb into the dishwasher or for throwing his food on the floor from his high chair. "Ro No" has quite the ring to it and can be heard around here all day. He finds every piece of dirt, leaf, or food on the floor and all goes directly into his little mouth. He moves fast and is still very little so I loose him quite often. At mom's house when I've lost him he is usually in the little play kitchen, which keeps him entertained for quite some time, but I have also lost him at Abbey's when he was standing next to the high chair "chatting" with Everett.
Though he is still a little boy I have noticed him chunking up a little bit this month. I don't know how much he weighs, but he has gotten a bit of gut on him and his cheeks seem chubbier, but I maintain that his bottom is the same size it was when he was born. This has led to a clothing dilemma which I think I've solved by an increased number of overalls and one piece jumpers in his wardrobe in order to keep his pants on. He is eating all sorts of things, preferably feeding himself whatever we are eating I feel like he is eating more, but that could all be in my mind. His current favorite foods are mandarin oranges, peaches, apple sauce, spaghetti, and pancakes, all easily fed to himself and frequently in our food rotation.


At nine month's old Rowan's favorite things to do include, playing in the little kitchen, bath time in the big tub with brother, chasing his brother, trying to play with his brother (sometimes more successfully than others), his standing play table, and his numerous riding toys (the little red car, Aunt Abbey's red wagon rider, and spot the dog). Zane and him are working on being better friends, sometimes it goes well, but usually it ends violently with Rowan in tears and Zane in time out. They are so close to being able to be friends. Not yet....soon.




Currently Rowan is sick, with a pathetic little cough, runny nose, and generally miserable, getting up at night, and staying up for two hours the past two nights. We have scheduled his nine month appointment for the first week in December when we will have actual health insurance again, so hopefully he can avoid an ear infection that long. This month there were lots of first and lasts, first teeth, first road trip (which he hated), last night in STL, leaving his first home, his first night in a hotel, first Halloween, and so many other changes. I think all the change has been rough on him, with no two days being alike. Overall he has been quite the trooper and adapts pretty well to whatever we are doing, right up to the point of sleeping in random places, which he doesn't seem to be a fan of. I think he has enjoyed playing outside at the farm, with the cats, on the hay bales, and in random leaf piles around the yard. There has been lots of cousin time as well, which overall I think he is oblivious too, but watching him with his cousins has been entertaining to the rest of us.



Next week will be his first Thanksgiving followed by his first Christmas, so his ten month is shaping up to be full of memories!
Here are his nine months pictures!
This is how I will remember Rowan at this moment, cruising along a couch and then the picture below his him crawling over me, with something in his mouth, both happen all day long currently.
Rowan and his sheep, who he sleeps with, and can be finding cuddling, most mornings.
No comments:
Post a Comment