Jingle Boy made the trip with us, Gary met us there, and Zane found a new elf friend, who he named Todd. We decided Todd was a retired elf, not unlike Jingle Boy, so he could be touched. "He just have a little magic Mamma."
Very serious about decorating Christmas cookies.
Rowan's new friend, Miss Adeline.
These were Zane's fake smiles for the evening.
As good of a Christmas family photo as we could manage with two busy boys.
Santa called in to update us on his night. He was headed our way!
Final hugs and kisses for Gary.
The Korenak boys in their matching PJs. I'm definitely doing this again next year, way too cute!
All ready for Santa!
And then there was Christmas day, Rowan's first Christmas. The morning went well, Santa had come, filled the stocking and there were a few presents for the boys. I didn't go over board this year because we don't have lots of extra cash, we were going to have to transport them to and from MO, and I knew that the rest of the family would also be getting them things. So the morning present opening only lasted maybe twenty minutes, after a month of build up. So there was a minor breakdown, which I had expected. However, the rest of the day, with multiple huge screaming fits about wanting more presents and all sorts of not fun or appropriate things, I had not expected. It was heartbreaking on numerous levels. I hated that he was missing Christmas, which he had waited so long for and was so excited about. It was sad that during all the craziness I totally missed Rowan's first Christmas and Zane didn't pull it together enough to enjoy the toys that he gotten. Needless to say it didn't go as I had envisioned and my apologies to Grammie, Papa, and the Prance clan for all the screaming and craziness.
These two pictures of Ro are about it from the day. The big bouncy cow, Howdy, was his big present from Santa.
The little alligator at the bottom is Snappy, my personal favorite toy of the day.
Although Zane wouldn't believe it, he did get tons of fun stuff, like matching Spiderman's with Levi and a super cool Police costume. Multiple people gotten taken to jail throughout the day. There was a fit about daddy not going to jail when he was busy setting up the Prance kids new X-box.
Aunt Trina got Ro the ball bouncer which was a huge hit for all ages!
It was wonderful seeing everyone, lots of good food, fun times playing with our niece and nephew. As happy I am that I get to see Abbey's kids more now that we are in Oklahoma I am equally heartbroken that I don't get to see Trina's kids more often. I miss them and adore them all. They are growing up to be such lovely people. We had a great game of Sorry with Adeline and Levi, while Zane was napping, too much fun! I did get to hold Rowan while he was sleeping, but other than that not sure how he spent his first Christmas. Such is life I guess, but still sad. Thanks to everyone for all our wonderful presents they are greatly appreciated.
Not sure why we even allowed Zane in this picture since he was pouting/crying, but there he is.
Clay (10), Blaine (9), Levi (4.5), Adeline (nearly 7), Rowan(10mn), Zane (3.5)
No comments:
Post a Comment