Dear Zane,
Your tender heart doesn't take well to being in trouble or being corrected, and this has resulted in lots of tears and meltdowns this year. I know you desperately want to "be a berry good boy" as you would say, but there are times that you struggle to listen and do what we ask. You still struggle to "slow your body down" to go potty or not hurt your brother. It's hard to watch you go through these rough times, but you are learning and growing, and I see you trying so hard each day. I am very proud of all the work you have done and the progress you have made to become such a big boy this past year.
You currently adore your little brother, your cousins, your aunts and uncles, your daddy, but to my supreme delight I think I still sit at the top of this list. You are quite the mommy's boy, requiring lots of mommy cuddles through out the day. It has been hard for you going back to daycare, but believe me even harder for me. Every moment I am away from you and your brother is heart breaking to me. I hate missing any days with you, but I do love to hear you tell me stories about the adventures I missed. Your imagination is beyond compare. You are full of all sorts of ideas, different scenaries we could play, or things we could pretend to do. Never stop imagining new and different possiblities for yourself. You have a memory like no four year old I have ever met. You remember everything we say, mention in passing, or things you might hear off handedly. There is no keeping secrets or changing plans with you. I think this will serve you well in your future.
I love watching you grow and learn each day. This year you have grown up so much and I now consider you my greatest helper. You love working and do whatever task I give you without complaint. "We are berry workers" is one of your most used sentences. You love to have a job and be in charge of something and I love having an extra set of hands to help me around the house. You have grown into a wonderful big brother, always holding your brother's hand on the way to the car, trying to play with him, and at times loving him a little too much. I'm so happy that you will always have a best friend in your little brother.
So Zane, my prayers for you at four are this; may you never loose your never ending energy. Keep running, keep jumping, keep giving life 110%. Please Lord may your sweet, tender, loving, accepting heart
never change or get broken. You are the most loving little boy and
I cringe to think of the day that sweet heart of yours will be broken. Never stop giving me big hugs, cuddles at night, and sloppy little boy kisses. Keep singing, keep dancing, keep making up stories, keep loving to learn. Never stop protecting and loving your brother. May you grow to love and adore him as much as I love and adore my siblings. And lastly, don't be in any hurry to grow up. It will happen, I will cry, and it will be wonderful. But don't rush it. You have your whole life to be big, for now just be four!!!
I love you so much sweet boy!
Mommy
Mommy
Are you crying now? cause I am. You're right, he will grow up and change and you will always hold this little boy, as he is right now, in your heart. No one ever said motherhood would be easy.
ReplyDelete