2. Speaking of schools, the research and planning has begun for what to do with Zane next year since he won't be going to kindergarten. I am hoping to get him into a pre-k program of some kind, we will see how that goes, and if we can iron out all the details. I'm stressed out about the whole thing, but such is life.
3. Arctic animal crafts continued this week, every day. Every morning during breakfast Zane would have me make a list of whatever animals we needed to make that day. We made two different kinds of seals, penguin masks, and the northern lights. However, as I began to feel worse I couldn't face doing anything else on the list, much to Zane's dismay. We still have an ox to make, baby polar bears, and so much more. Here are the boys in their penguin masks, which I think were terribly adorable.
Rockhopper penguins, obviously!
4. One of my favorite highlights of the week happened during science time. After doing a few of the experiments that came in his kit Zane decided he wanted to make up his own. "Mamma I have a big idea!" His big idea was adding everything we had on the table into his big beaker, this included water, oil, vinegar, blue food coloring, and baking soda. He put the lid on it, shook it, and wait for it, the lid popped off!! It was the best case scenario and he was oh so proud, "Mamma my big idea worked!" This was followed by me telling him that my dad was a scientist and did experiments all the time. Zane was sooo excited to learn this and proclaimed "I want to be a scientist when I am bigger too!!!" Love it!
5. The weather has been gorgeous here this week, felt a little bit bad about it since the rest of the country was getting covered in snow. I've had the windows open every day while I've been laying on the couch. I'm devastated that I haven't been able to enjoy it more. We have made quite a few trips to the neighborhood park, which Zane loves, and have gotten to play in the back yard which has been lots of fun as well.
How big does Rowan look in this picture with his little hands in his pockets. He is growing up way too fast!
6. In other very exciting news Uncle Adam is a Daddy!!! Adam and his wife Rebecca welcomed their first child, Gregory Mack Kingree, into the world on Monday afternoon. Mother, baby, and Daddy are all home and doing well. I have been looking at pictures of tiny babies for days now and have decided we need to go meet baby Mack ASAP so I can cuddle a baby and not make the rash decision to have another one because I miss their tiny cloths. Little Mack is adorable and we are so happy for the whole Kingree family.
Proud Daddy and Grandpa with little Mack.
7. This week Rowan has been in a glass box of emotion, to quote Anchorman. He will melt into a puddle over pretty much anything. Most of the time he is loosing his mind and I have zero idea why. He wants Mickey Mouse, or his Gary shirt, that is dirty, or he can't decide what beverage he wants to drink, or I demand to help tie his shoes BECAUSE HE CAN'T TIE HIS SHOES!!! Psycho path! I am really hoping he has gotten more emotional because he is still kind of sick and not a preview of the year to come. I can't handle it!!!
8. Rowan also has decide, as of late, that he must be in the middle of all cooking that I am doing. Usually I mean quite literally in the middle, standing between me and the cabinet or stove. I have started to try to let him help. It is a work in progress, but he is getting better. It's very cute hearing him say things like "I stir" or "My turn bobo" "I do it." I have another little cook on my hands for sure. Here he is helping me make pudding, that ended up falling out of the fridge, breaking the bowl, leading to Rowan eating it off the floor, probably eating some glass in the process. Just another day at my house. Try explaining to an already emotional basket case that he can't actually eat the pudding because it is all over the floor. Disaster!
9. Needless to say my training for the relay has been non existent this week. I ran on Sunday, which might have been a terrible idea. Since then I've been struggling to breath on the couch. And this is the story of all my previous training plans. I do really well then get a horrible respiratory illness and have to start over. Sigh.... Sorry teammates
10. Happy early birthday to my brother in law Brent, whose bday falls on super bowl Sunday this year. Brent's bday means it's February, which means my baby is almost two. I am not okay with this, but have started planning for his woof woof party. Should be lots of fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment