Thursday, April 7, 2016

Registered and Ready

After months of preparations the big day was finally here, Kindergarten registration!!!!!!!!!! I had been preparing him for a boring wait with lots of paperwork and only seeing the inside of an office. We talked about it and had decided that we would schedule a tour for a later time.  Zane understood the risks of a very boring time but wanted to come with me anyway.

I had printed and filled out everything I could imagine they might need in hopes of not having to come back later in the day. Turns out all the paperwork I had filled out, trying to be prepared, I had to fill out again when I got there. But in good news they had juice, fruit snacks, and coloring pages set up at on little tables for us.  We were the first to arrive and the only ones there the whole time we were there. Zane took some selfies while I filled out the paperwork.

 You can't tell that the juice box he has had been turned into a little man.

Once the paperwork was done we were ready to go, but the principle came and took us on a private tour of the whole school before we left.  It is a lovely little school with a big sunny library in the middle of it. There are six kindergarten classes, each hall was currently decorated in themes of different continents, including Antarctica and Australia (with all the crafts we have done about them). Zane asked if that was what my kindergarten looked like. So I reminisced about my kindergarten experience in a one room school house, going half a day (afternoon class with the super smart kids, obviously), getting out for skunk spraying events, and kissing boys on the first day of class. Not quite the same experience, but the school seemed lovely and Zane loved it. I was thrilled that we got to see everything so Zane wouldn't drowned me with questions about what the school is like all summer long. 

  And here is the classic, registration day photo, complete with the missing tooth. He looks 100% five years old, doesn't he?

Then we were off for a morning of fun with Grandma, including buying a new backpack for Zane. Zane's Spiderman backpack was lost to a tragic sippy cup full of milk incident and he was asking when he could get a new one. Why not today?? It's a big special day right? So we are registered and ready to go to kindergarten!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment