Friday, November 3, 2017

Thatcher's Seventh Month Update

Our sweet boy turned seven months old last Sunday, better late than never I guess. He's currently recovering from a his first baby ear infections so he's been crabby the past few days, with snot covering his little baby face. This month Thatcher has mastered oh so many things. First up he mastered crawling about two days into his seventh month. This was quickly followed by pulling up and most recently cruising around furniture. A few days ago he started to attempt to go from one thing to the other. My feeling on this is that with every child the baby phase lasts a shorter time. I assume if I had another baby they'd crawl at three months and be walking by six. It seems insane to me.
 
Seventh month pictures were lots of fun, trying to contain him.




This is a picture of the first time he crawled his way into the kitchen. I saw his little head peek around the corner and I knew it was a hole new ballgame.

 Bear crawling like daddy.


Thatcher's brother's are enjoying playing with him more and more as he gets older and more mobile. Thatcher finds his brother's very entertaining, he giggles at them all day. Rowan spends hours playing peek-a-boo when we are home. Rowan is my favorite person to listen to talking to Thatcher. "Hi Thatchy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" said in the highest pitch voice imagine. It's so stinking cute I can't help but talk to T the same way. With Thatcher becoming fully mobile we have had to rearranged our living room to keep him somewhat contained. The kitchen floor is a huge chocking hazard at all times. This rearrangement has made a cute little nook that the big boys have dubbed "Thatcher's Headquarters." The boys bring random things to headquarters everyday, new toys, the old computers they play with, stuffed animals, blankets, whatever they think he might need. I find it hysterical, but the big boys take it quite seriously. "Mom Thatcher's in headquarters, he's fine." To their credit Thatcher does love his new found play place and I like that he's not crawling all over this house. The past day or two he's ventured from headquarters and made it all the way to the big boys rooms where the proceeded to dress him up as a number of different things.
 



 Here's the view from headquarters
Here is little man playing on my bed for one of the last times. Now he bolts off immediately.
 
After months of pure laziness I've finally started bathing Thatcher in the bath tube. He loves it and has a blast splashing around, especially when his big brother Ro joins him. He has been bathing in my highly recommended collapsible bathtub. If you know anyone who is having a baby, by them this, it's fantastic. *It is available for much less than this at Target.
 




 Thatcher remains a great sleeper. He falls asleep bouncing in his jumperoo frequently which is hysterical. He still successfully puts himself to sleep at naps and at night. He sleep all night about 95% of the time. Sometimes he thinks 5am is morning, which it frequently is for me, so I can't complain. This past week, with his little cold, he's been taking huge naps, but still usually spends at least one of his naps in the car seat.
 My view when I come get him from naps.
 He had an adorable playdate with his cousin Alice last week. Look at this cuteness, isn't it amazing. These two look alike which I adore and so far get along great.
 Cousin buddies are the best.
 
This month Thatcher went on his first family vacation, as small as it was, we had a good time. He spend most of his evenings at baseball games this month. He was such a trooper and baseball is always better when you're cuddling a baby.




 
Lastly one of my favorite things we did this month was our trip to Pumpkinville. It was a full circle moment from our announcement that we were expecting, with the big boys holding a little pumpkin to a picture of our three boys back at the pumpkin patch together. How quickly time has flown by.
 
 



 

 



 



No comments:

Post a Comment