2. Last week the little boys and checked out the new kids play place in Edmond. It is a small building, designed just for kids five years and under. I have said Edmond needed a place like this for a long time. However, this place is really small and has no parking so there are some kinks to work out for sure. It was madness inside, but both boys seemed to have fun. Thatcher is still a little bit too small, but toddled around too.
3. I am starting to get a little stressed out about how much my children eat. Thatcher, who is ten months old, ate an entire six piece chicken nugget kids meal for lunch the other day. The kid eats as much as Rowan at every meal, sometimes more. Then there is Zane to also factor in. I am going to have to start buying in bulk, get a second Friday, and turn my garage into a hoarders pantry any day now.
But I mean look at that gorgeous face.
4. Friday was Zane's Valentine's Day party at school. I have such respect for his teacher, who seriously has been gone for every class party. Use those vacation days wisely teachers. I love it! Zane was mostly excited that everyone got to see his baby brother. Glad I decided to take them all.
They made "bird feeders" out of fruit loops. Let's be real Zane ate all of this before we left his class.
5. It's that time of year again, Winter Olympics! We watched the opening ceremonies with the boys Friday night and the boys made their own flags. We have watched some snowboarding and ice skating with them and neither one can understand that we are cheering for The United States of America not Oklahoma. They cannot grasp it.6. This kid is about to turn five! Can't you tell by this picture, look at that face. A fellow den member handed down this shirt (a fellow three boy mom) for Rowan. He wore it for two days in a row. I hated to tell him that as a kindergartener he has to wear a Lion t-shirt. Hopefully it still fits when he's in first grade. That's so crazy to think of Ro as a first grader. Times are changing quickly here.
7. Poor baby T had one week of feeling good, after his ear tubes, and now he's back to having snot pour out of his little nose. Who knows what virus he has now. He was only at daycare for one day this week. Who knows, but I hate it for him. He has been loving playing peek a boo this week. He's working on covering his eyes with his hands which usually ends up with his hands on his ears. Adorable!
8. Want a glimpse into the life of a boy mom. These pictures some it up. Yesterday the big boys took off Thatcher's shirt so he could be "one of the guys" I didn't realize this had happened and walked into the play room to this scene. So many shirtless boys and so many cars. Thatcher was putting all the cars back in the plastic bin while the other two kept dumping it out. Madness all the time is the theme of my life.
9. I gave the boys their Valentine's Day presents today since I'm working tomorrow. He's T's first Valentine's day. He loved his truck and frog, but I think his favorite part of the day was when he somehow found one of Zane's Reese's Peanut Butter cups and ate it, along with some wrapper. When I found him I thought he was covered in poop, pleasantly surprised to discovered it was chocolate (little game called poop or chocolate). He was pretty hyped up for the rest of the evening then came down from his sugar high hard. Happy Valentine's Day Thatcher Valentine!
10. The boys got little Lego sets for their gifts. How Zane and Rowan do Legos really sums up their personalities perfectly. Zane can barely handle putting them together because he just can't wait to actually play with the thing. He wants someone to sit with him and do them with him, he can do them alone, but he prefers it to be a group effort. He creates multiple elaborate stories about what his Lego guys are doing and what the overall scenario surrounding the Lego set may be. Rowan on the other hand meticulously puts his together, with little or no help from anyone. Then he plays with his Lego briefly, but pretty soon he will ask me if he can take it apart and put it back together again. The first time he asks me this I was concerned he wouldn't actually do it, but I was wrong. The past couple sets he's had this is what he's down. Taking them apart multiple times and putting them back together. That one is going to be an architect I think. Zane is going to be a play write or a novelist, or professional snowboarder. These are my predictions. I love how the are both so much their own person!
Rowan doing his Lego's for the second time.
Speaking of professional snowboarders, my second favorite heart warrior won his third gold tonight in the perfect come back story of the Olympics. Shaun White will always hold a strangely special place in my heart. He somehow became intertwined with the story of the worst day of my life and from then on I've been overly invested in his career. He's the last Olympic athlete that I'm going have grown up with and follow for years. This is probably a good things since I was stupidly stressed out watching Shaun this evening. I might have shed a few tears when he won and possibly true life cried when he was balling, hugging his parents. Heart Warrior on Shaun! USA USA USA USA

















No comments:
Post a Comment