2. Thatcher and I got to have birthday tacos with Uncle Able on Wednesday. Toddler lunch with Uncle Able is the best.
3. Friday was dress like your favorite story book character at school day, for the Harvest parties. Rowan made an adorable little Harry Potter. We have gotten so many miles out of this costume and it never gets old.Meanwhile Zane's Willy Wonka was also amazing. The costume was a little too big so I spent an afternoon hemming up the sleeves and exchanging the bow tie for a better version. He broke this bow tie on the way to school so since this picture I've fix the bow tie again and just hot glued it to the shirt. Here's hoping it makes it through tomorrow.
Thatcher had his own silly fun at home with me during the day.
4. Friday was my first go around with two school parties on the same day. Everyone did great and had a lovely time. I was glad I got to go, Rowan was so excited to finally have his own party to attend after years of going to Zane's with me. Thanks to Uncle Able for hanging out with T so I could give the big kids my full attention for a little bit. 5. We got to watch this sweet baby girl on Friday evening while his parents had a date night before baby brother arrives. Alice is just darling and I love watching her and Thatcher play and grow up together. Look at her sweet face!!
6. Saturday morning Rowan requested to see his best friend play soccer. Everett did great and the boys had a blast cheering him on. I'm so glad we went and Rowan's tender heart never ceases to amaze me.
7. We finally made it to a pumpkin patch this weekend as well. Thatcher could have taken pumpkins and put them in the wagon all day. Toddlers saying "pumpkin" is the cutest thing ever.
8. Sunday night was the annual Blakley Halloween extravaganza. This year Able and Kari hosted the event at their new house. In retrospect I feel a little bad about this since Kari is nine months pregnant. Sorry Kari, we love you!! That being said it was a blast and my kids brought their costume A game, and by A game I mean all the costumes we own so they could have multiple costume changes. Thatcher had the time of his life, chatting up the crowd, getting everyone to feed him, and loading himself up on sugar all evening.
I'm on year number three of planning my Halloween costumes around the red tutu I own. Pirate, strawberry, and this year a red M&M to go with my chocolate making son Willy Wonka!
9. Monday night was Zane's last baseball game of the season. Zane was very emotional that the season was ending and I was very emotional at how far this kid has come. I couldn't be prouder of the hard work he has put in to getting back his game. I don't know where we will end up next season, and this season was difficult, but it was also such an absolute blessing that I got to see this kid play baseball again.My favorite part of the game was when the coach let every player decide where they wanted to play defense during the last inning. Zane got to play first base or third base all season. Those are the two biggest spots in little league, where all the plays are, where he has wanted to play for years, but when it came time to choose he went back to left field and let other kids have a turn at first base. Love him!
Celebratory ice cream afterwards of course. Zach had a work event Monday and I hate that he missed Zane's last game.
10. Lastly, we found a nursery that was going out of business and got a heck of deal on trees. I would plant fifteen trees in our backyard if Zach would be ok with it, but he makes a good point that we still need a baseball field out there was well. So we bought four big trees, three for the backyard and one for our front yard. I love them! Hopefully we can see them get big and provide some much needed shade in our backyard.
This picture of my three gorgeous boys, in a hole full of dirt, might just be my favorite thing in the world. They all worked hard helping us dig this hole. Thatcher loves jumping in and threw dirt at his big brothers while they dug. Love these kiddos, they work hard and they are excited to "help the earth" with our trees.
Tonight we TRICK OR TREAT! HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVEYRONE!



































No comments:
Post a Comment