Reading time
Workouts with mamma in the morning
I am usually a hard, no Christmas decorations until after Thanksgiving, type of person. However, this year I worked Thanksgiving, the Sunday after Thanksgiving, and the first weekend of December which meant I would really have no time to decorate until the second week of December. That just wouldn't cut it so the boys and I started a little bit early last week then waited to actually put up our tree and our outdoor stuff until Friday. The first picture below is a fraction of all the stuff I got from Grant's mom in July. This of course prompted me to have to decorate the top of the cabinets on the other side of the kitchen, snow balling into obviously not having enough decorations. In reality it is all very silly since I never host holiday parties or get togethers at my house, nor do I want to. It does make me very happy and my children love it so up it goes.
Zane got to help put the angel on the tree this year. I think this will be the last year for this Christmas tree. We have had it for ten or eleven years nows. After being moved four times, and shoved in the attic for years it is on it's last leg.
I only cried once watching the pure wonder of a toddler Christmas. Thatcher was amazed by every last thing we put on the tree, by the lights, by the bells, all of it. You only get one full on toddler Christmas per child and I am so sad this will be our last.
The front yard is officially artic animal themed and I love it. The narwhal with the candy cane horn was this years addition and I think it just makes the yard.
I also got this sleigh and the reindeer from Sue and the new light up gifts I got this year I think look amazing. The trees are courtesy of my father in law and look perfect as well. I love a good porch scape.
The reindeer has broken antlers that we are trying to figure out how to fix, but I love him just like this too.
We ventured out on Black Friday to support our favorite local business. We bought all kinds of spices and have our Christmas list started for teacher's gifts we will need to buy soon.
Then we took the boys over to meet baby Worth. He is getting cuter by the day and the boys just adored him. They left requesting a new baby. I feel the same way guys, but no can do.
Saturday was Blakley Thanksgiving at Abbey's. It was delicious as always and the weather was beautiful so the kids could play outside all afternoon. Alice joined in on the fun while her parents stayed home with the baby.
Look at these goober heads.
Monday the boys headed back to school and I was home with one sad little boy who was really missing his brothers. He carried this wooden bus puzzle piece around all morning, thinking maybe his brothers were inside of it. He was ecstatic when they finally got home.
This is the point in the year where I hold on for dear life because I know it will go by so quickly. Gary is back and having new adventures everyday and I'm trying to incorporate opportunities for kindness /giving back into his routine. Zane is in holiday choir for the first time this year, which means he has practice before school Monday, Tuesday, and Friday mornings. His music teacher is so sweet and loves my boys, so she has graciously allowed Rowan to come early with Zane in order to alleviate bus/transportation issues in the morning on these days. Rowan feels really special and I am grateful for a small school, little community feeling of it all. I cannot wait to watch Zane sing. He has been excited about this since he found out it was a thing in kindergarten. He is going to be my little performing boy for sure. Christmas shopping is underway and I am once again at a loss for what to buy people. I love you all but might not be giving the most inspired gifts this year. My apologies in advance. I am consciously trying to soak in all everything and trying very hard not to be sad at how soon another Christmas with my kiddos is going to over.




















No comments:
Post a Comment