This year you also started school. I think you were excited to be going to school with Zane, getting to ride the same bus, and get to see him during the day just like you had dreamed about for the previous two years. The transition was difficult and you spent a lot of evenings exhausted with an empty hug sack that needed refilling. I so miss our days at home together. I miss our conversations as we grocery shopped, our adventures, and our snuggles on the couch. However, I have loved watching you thrive at school. You've made so many friends and have learned so much. You have had to work harder at learning how to read than your brother had to since you were so much younger when you started. You have been dedicated to learning all your words and have practiced everyday. As things have begun to click you have been thrilled, and a little surprised to find that you can read books and signs, and all sorts of things. You are so very smart and have loads of self confidence.
At home you continue to be an amazing brother. Thatcher adores you and you tolerate all his silly antics smashingly. You are quick to help get him whatever he wants, get his favorite shows on for him, or indulge in whatever game he wants to play with you. You and Zane continue to fight like brothers, but at the same time love each other deeply. When you want to you play together very well, but there are definitely times where you fit into the baby brother role all to well, annoying Zane because you can. I love watching the three of you together, it's my absolute favorite thing in the world.
Today you got to wake up super early thanks to my clock some how getting the time changed on it without me knowing. I wonder how that happened? I can't figure out how to change it back. So I came and got you out of bed at what ended up being 5:40am not 6:40am. So you got an extra hour to play with your new presents. This afternoon I came and ate lunch with you at school. You were rocking the kindergarten birthday hat and were ecstatic to see me.
This evening we ate your favorite dinner of pork tenderloin and broccoli, with a cupcake for dessert. Then it was time for a Cub Scout meeting. I usually stay home with Thatcher during these meetings, but since Daddy was out of town I got to come join in the fun. I mainly chased Thatcher around, but at the end your big brother orchestrated the whole pack singing to you while he danced around you like a crazy person. That is real love my son. So glad you had such a fun birthday.
My prayer for you this upcoming year is that you may have more laughs and smiles and a lot less tears. I pray that you continue to grow and mature, soaking up every minute of your fun little life. I pray that you never stop crawling up into my lap for snuggles and never stop requesting hugs. May you continue to exude confidence, work hard at everything you do, stay loyal, and love fiercely. Love you little man
Happy Birthday
Love
Mamma




No comments:
Post a Comment