Today Mom headed home which left Zane and I here by ourselves for the first time in about a month. The Grandma's had been here the two weeks before surgery and Mom was the last of the surgery visitors. It is noon and I already miss her help terribly. I know she thought she wasn't doing much but it was really great to have another person to give Zane to during a melt down or just so I could go to the bathroom without him screaming. However, we are managing pretty well, though it has been a trying morning. Here is the run down.
0815- Smile and wave to Grandma, possibly Zane's first smiling and waving experience ( which is a very important family tradition he is going to need to master). Come inside for Tylenol dose #1.
0830 - Zane begins to freakout, I try to get him fed before he takes a turn for the worst. While making the bottle he rocks over ( this is where someone else entertaining him comes in handy). So we head to the magic rocking chair to try to calm down.
0940 - Finally, after much rocking, singing, diaper changes, clothes changes, and multiple attempts at eating Zane gives up and goes to sleep. I ever so gently put him his swing because I have no confidence in him sleeping his bed. I lay down on the couch and immediately fall asleep.
1007 - Zane wakes up screaming, I wake up terrified because I had no idea where I was or how long I had been asleep, slight moment of panic that I had left him in his swing all day. Oh no, don't worry it had only been 27 minutes. I get Zane and head downstairs for a change of scenary.
1015-1100 - We have a lovely time playing in our new found basement. We played with our new fun toys and I decided it was time to try the jumperoo again and see if Zane is tall enough for it yet. I was happy find that Zane's feet just barely touched the floor and he had a blast jumping in it and playing with all the fun toys that are attached to it. The jumperoo also helped him poop, hooray after yesterdays struggles with this, but not hooray when I finally took him out.
1130 - I witness the largest blow out I have ever seen in a child his size. I was frankly kind of terrified but had to laugh because it was such a hot mess. Of course the stripping down and sponge bath that followed lead to a very unhappy baby so once he was cleaned and clothed trying to settle him down, feed him, and put him to sleep began.
1200 - Zane is finally alseep. I run to the kitchen, make a sandwich, and eat it like a crazy person for fear of him screaming at any moment. After inhaling my food I am pretty sure he is down for a while so I put together his four month pages for his scrapbook, send Zach pictures of Zane in his jumperoo, and start this blog.
1220 - Zane wakes up but seems content in his swing so I just bring him over to the table by me where he plays, until I hear the all to familiar sound of him vomiting.
1230 - Dressing change, outfit change, Tylenol dose #2. Zane watched me blog for a little bit and then was bored so we head back downstairs.
And here we are, Zane is playing with rattles and watching some TV. I am finishing the blog and hoping Zane stays happy for a while so we can play.
Very tempted to do a day in my life from 7:30 to 9:40 this morning as I am theoretically "resting". The Jumperoo is notorious for just that outcome very predictably. No clue why, but can be handy if super messy. Is Anna coming this week? Love you!
ReplyDelete