2. Yesterday was horribly gloomy and I dreaded trying to get to work today all day long. Turned out the drive to work was totally fine it didn't even rain over night. I basically wasted the entire day being in a funk. I am so sick of winter, snow, sleet, ice, and freezing temperatures and it is only the first of February.
3. Happy birthday to my brother-in-law Brent. Hope you had a great day in snowy Oklahoma.
4. Zach and I got a new computer last week and I am loving it. It is amazingly fast which makes me so happy. It is great to turn on the computer and not have to let it "warm up" before getting on the internet.
5. We got the link to Zane's professional pictures today. How great is that, only three days after they were taken. It must not be the busy season for photographers. Here is the link.
http://www.kodakgallery.com/
It is in a Kodak Gallery so you have to log in to look at them. There are more serious face pictures this time, which at first I thought I wouldn't like, but turns out I love them. We got pictures of all his different faces and great family pictures outside. I might be a little bias, but I think he is freaking adorable.
6. Zach's job closed today so he got to hang out with Zane at home, watching all the nasty weather unfold. I am hoping Zach stays home with us tomorrow. Partly because the roads are terrible, but also because how fun with a day with the whole family at home in the middle of the week be. However, I am sure he will have to go to work because turns out "storms of the century" are great for the generator business.
7. Zach got the storage thing completely done and we have put some storage containers up/stored some of Zane's new toys. We still are going to need to order more bins, but I think it looks awesome. Here is a picture of the finished product.
8. Per numerous people's requests here are some pictures of crib peek-a-boo with Zane and Zach that I mentioned in the robe post.
9. For those of you worried about my Oklahoma counter parts, they all also survived their storm of the century. Mom said she got maybe three inches of snow and never "was on the lamp." That is Oklahoma code for without electricity. I had tons of fun reading www.thelostogle.com today. It's a blog that was purely focused on making fun of the news coverage of the storm today. It isn't always about that, but it was today and it was hysterical. There is a Gary England winter weather drinking game for all of you who have played/heard of the Gary England tornado drinking game. Hysterical!
10. I think Zane is going through a growth spurt. He has been eating a ton more over the past week. He now drinks 8 oz bottles and before bed he has been having "power feeds." For example this evening Zach said he drank 12 oz. in a hour. This has not been helping the sleeping through the night though, still getting up at least once sometimes twice. That crazy kid just can't go all night without seeing us.
Ok, the snow is MUCH worse here. We have drifts that are probably as tall as B, it is -8 degrees, and there is ice under the huge piles of snow. Mom is just lucky.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, LOVE the pictures, particularly the family ones!
Glad you got home safe!
I love every picture! How in the world did she catch all those different facial expressions. He doesn't look like Danny at all but sometimes, in pictures, something about his head reminds me of him. Maybe it is the white hair or the curve of the top of his head. I like it. Maybe it is those cute little ears! What a doll! What a blessing.
ReplyDeleteYeah you're safe!
ReplyDelete