1. This weekend we got a lot of work done around the house. It is amazing how much work I get done when it is nice outside. It was beautiful over the weekend and we were able to clean the leaves out of the front flower beds, go on a walk with Zane, Zach did the taxes, and I cleaned/reorganized several places in the house. Yesterday was a gloomy, rainy day, and I didn't get nearly as much done.
2. Zach is traveling to Arkansas for work tomorrow and I have to work. This means that neither of us will be home until 8pm, too late for Zane to stay at day care. So this means Zane gets a fun filled day with his Grammie. We thought his Grammie would love a day of Zane all to herself and I am sure Zane will have a blast as well. Thanks Grammie!
3. Zane is doing better with eating pieces of food. His latest favorite is little bits of grapes. He has a little difficulty picking them sometimes ( grapes can be slippery) but he seems to enjoy them once he gets them in his mouth. We also tried stage 3 foods with him and he did great. He hasn't vomited while eating in days (knock on wood).
4. I have been doing well with working out, though there have been multiple sicks days, but I have powered on. I feel stronger and have lost 4 pounds. I know it isn't much, but I am trying to stay motivated, eat better, cook more, and not get discouraged. Zach has been a great workout partner and has really helped me stay to our menu plan, thanks Zach!
5. I'm excited about my upcoming trip to Oklahoma. Zane and I are going the first week of March, partly to celebrate Abbey's birthday week, and party to stay true to my goal of going home more. I am terrified of flying alone and cannot figure out how I am going to go to the bathroom in the airport. I am thinking I am going to have to take the stroller. How do you get through security with a stroller? If anyone has ideas of flying alone with an 8th month old, let me know!
6. Also this weekend we worked on Zane putting himself to sleep for naps. This has worked on and off, but with trips out of town and our multiple illnesses I had fallen off the wagon. In GREAT news over the weekend we got back on the wagon and he is doing amazing. He puts himself to sleep with only a little mutter in his crib before hand. It makes our day run so much smoother.
7. I had to work today and my take home message from the day is "There is no need to be hateful to people." I try to be pleasant, positive, and happy with everyone at work ( families, patients, and co-workers alike) so when I am have to deal with unhappy/hateful people it puts me in a funk. I know they are under a lot of stress, I have literally been there, but being mean to other people gets you no where. Ok I'm off my soap box.
8. Zane has woken up screaming the past two nights shortly after we put him to sleep. It isn't a hungry or I'm in pain scream, it's the scream of fear that he had after surgery. It is the most heart breaking thing I have ever seen. Last night he woke up and was so upset he could barely catch his breath. He didn't know where he was and couldn't get himself pulled together. I don't know what kind of bad dream he had, but I can't help but think he could be remembering some of what went on in the hospital. Zach said he did it again tonight while I was at work. Poor little man, those memories can't fade quick enough.
9. Knife update: I finally cute myself with the knife while making chicken pot pie yesterday. Yes, I made chicken pot pie and it was delicious. Also, I thought you all might want to know when I finally cut myself as it was bound to happen soon :)
10. In other great news I found out last week that I get to stay on day shift during my upcoming night rotation in April. There was a brief two day period where I was told I would have to go to nights and it pushed me over the edge just a little bit. I wasn't sure how I was going to make my life work. Nights puts me in such a dark place because I never get to see Zach ( and now Zane) and frankly I just couldn't imagine going through that right now. So God came through for me yet again. He really doesn't give you more than you can handle, though sometimes I wish he didn't trust me so much ( as the old quote goes).
Happy Tuesday!
You probably can get plenty of great advice on traveling from Abbey, but I thought I'd share some of mine too =) I used the front carrier for Serenity the whole first year, as long as she liked it. I just didn't want to have to juggle strollers, diaper bags, and all that. I checked everything except necessities, and at 8 months all we needed were diapers, wipes, extra outfits, meds, burp cloths and maybe some soft books and pacifiers. Depends on what Zane likes to chew on =) So far I've been really lucky on flights, the airplane people go out of their way to help and last time I even had people offer to carry Serenity's carseat for me. Good luck!!
ReplyDelete