1. We are back from our whirlwind weekend trip to Oklahoma and we are all exhausted. We had a great time and it was wonderful to see everyone, but per usual I didn't sleep much while I was there. Oh and did I mention it was 110 degrees there.
2. While in Oklahoma I discovered that Zane's new favorite food is watermelon. He ate a ton of it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Such a great summer food.
3. Once again Zane was a champion flier. The worst part is always the airport, where he gets extremely tired and I won't let him go to sleep because I want him to sleep on the plane. Bringing the stroller was key to my success, though he did need to get out and run around a bit in the port. He slept all the way there and on all but about 20 minutes of the flight back. That 20 minutes was a wrestling match, but over all he did great.
4. While I was gone Zach was busy on a surprise in the basement. He built shelves in our laundry room, which gives us so much more room in there and I can't wait to organize them. We also got our meat delivered to us, courtesy of Zach's parents. Our freezer is completely full now, I am so excited. Does anyone have any good beef recipes they want to share, I have a ton of beef!
5. Mom flew back with Zane and I yesterday and is our live in babysitter for the week while Zane's daycare ladies are on vacation. Hope Zane doesn't exhaust her too much. Thanks mom!
6. Mom and I are in serious Nova Scotia trip planning mode. We came up with a trip title over the weekend, "Maritime Meanderings," designed and ordered our t-shirts, Abbey has ordered us a trip journal, and mom is working on making sure we truly have all the important reservations made. I am getting very excited, especially after I looked at the weather report for Halifax today, highs in the mid 70s and lows in the 50s at night!! Hooray!
7. While in OK Abbey, Anna, and I got the best pedicure ever! We randomly googled nail salons on 23rd street in OKC and came across a wonderful place. The pedicure was only $35, they used multiple sea salts/rubs, hot stones, and I even got an adorable little flowers on my big toes. What a fun relaxing time. It was Abbey's first pedicure and I think she may be hooked.
8. Zane had his first experience with swimming in the lake during our Oklahoma visit and seemed to really enjoy it, before getting horribly tired. The lake was were we swam growing up and holds very found memories for me. Turns out being a parent at the lake is much more stressful, what with the constant sunscreen applications, fears of drowning, constant noise, and no way to get my baby to sleep and if I did I had no where to lay him down. It wasn't nearly as relaxing as my days full of eating, floating around the lake, and sleeping on the couch of yester year.
9.We got Zane's one year pictures back today. Of course Zane was adorable, as was expected. Now comes the tough part, deciding which ones to buy. I will put some up just as soon as I get the CD in the mail.
10. Zane has a molar coming in and was pretty emotional this evening. It looks painful and I think he has a few more teeth on the way. He is biting everything, including himself and Zach, hopefully his evening Tylenol helps him sleep well this evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment