1. Today is one year since I have seen my father. He was in town last year at this time for Zane's baptism and left on the 26th. So needless to say it was a rough day at work, with some especially depressing patients just to make things worse. My coworkers were supportive, as always, complete with a buying me a blizzard to cheer me up. This is why I will always be fat, but it worked.
2. While I was at work over the weekend Zane learned how to give fives. It is the cutest thing and he gets very excited about it. Job well done Zach.
3. The new alarming trend with Zane is he wakes up right before I have to leave and then screams bloody murder when I actually have to go. This has happened a few time, including today and Sunday when I could hear him screaming outside the house. I am not a fan of this new trend.
4. I am almost all pack for the big trip Thursday. I have a few loose ends to tie up, which I guess I will be doing late into the night tomorrow since I have to work again. I think we have gotten all our questions answered about Nova Scotia and we should be all set. I am going to miss Zane horribly, maybe we will skype. Stay tuned for blogs from Nova Scotia coming soon!!!
5. Yesterday Zane and I chased each other around the house all morning. It was great fun. He loves being chased and chasing. At one point when he was trying to get me to chase him he looked over his shoulder and ran right into a wall, leaving a big goose egg/bruise on his forehead. we had to lay off the chasing for a little bit and he was fine.
6. When we weren't chasing we were reading books. Zane seems to have a longer attention span and loves picking out books to read. His current favorites are all the Sandra Boynton books. They are just the right length for kids his age. Yesterday he got a new book from amazon with my new book for vacation and we read it dozens of time. Great fun!
7. It is almost time to take another nephew to their 7th birthday baseball game. Blaine turns 7 at the end of September, but we are going at the end of August. We better start saving up. It is so much fun to see a game through a 7 year old's eyes. I can't wait.
8. Can I just say how excited I am about reading a book on the beach. That is my all time favorite hobby. And it won't even be 100 degrees outside.
9. Number one priority when I return from vaca is finding a place that will fit me for good tennis shoes. The shoes I have for work right now are killing my feet. I had the same style for the first two years of work that worked well but wore out fast. I tried something new and thoroughly regret it. My feet, ankles, pretty much my entire legs hurt at the end of the day. Zach's Aunt runs a shoe place, maybe she could hook me up!
10. I am trying to put together a short weekend get away for Zach and I's 5th anniversary. It won't actually be on our anniversary, I'm thinking September some time. I think I want to do a short trip to Chicago, but I don't know what to do or where to stay in Chicago. I would love some suggestions, that aren't crazy expensive, but fun.
I'm off to Canada! Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment