Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday: Oklahoma recap

1. We are back from our Oklahoma vacation. Sadly, I was sicker than a dog most of the time and am still feeling quite crummy. I started having a sore throat last Tuesday night at work and then it just got progressively worse. I ended up missing some of the bridal fun Friday, but for the most part I powered through and had a good time. It was good to have Aunts, Uncles, and Grandma help watch Zane while I rested.

2. I still have a terrible cough and head congestion so I am not working tonight, in hopes of an actual good nights sleep making some difference. Tomorrow is Zach's birthday and a year since Dad died so I am going to need to be well rested to get through the day.

3. This farm visit consisted of a lot of firsts for Mr. Zane, starting with his first hair 'cut'. It really was more of a tiny trim to get his bangs out of his face, but it still counts. I don't have any pictures of this event because I was holding him still. Mom just trimmed it a little and he looks much more pulled together/like a little boy.

4. Zane also had his first swing ride on mom's blue baby swing. He loved it, of course. Sunday the weather cooled down, making it gorgeous outside, perfect for a swing ride.



5. He also had his first encounter with a cat/kittens. His kitten encounters will have to stay at Grandma's because his mother hates cats. He seemed to enjoy "loving on" them (a.k.a abusing them). He picked them up, patted them, and possibly squeezed them just a little too tight. It was shades of Able squeezing the baby bunny when he was a little boy. All the cats survived Zane's loving, unlike the bunny.



6. Zane had a blast playing with his cousins at the farm as well. He loves playing with other kids, though Maggie and him struggle being nice to each other, but they seem to have a good time. Brendan and Zane played chase with Zane a lot and they all had a great time on the farm, complete with this adorable wagon ride with Grandma.


7. This farm trip Zane was big enough to ride Peanut Butter the horse, and he loved it. He thought he could get on Peanut Butter himself, which led to a few falls, but all and all he loved his pony rides. He even gave Peanut Butter pats when he was done.


8. Zane did pretty good in the car ride there and back. When he was awake one of us needed to sit back with him and keep him entertained, but for the most part it wasn't that bad. Zach had to sit with him most of the time because I get terribly car sick. He did sleep quite a bit too, which helped.

9. The real reason for this trip was to celebrate Anna and Jarrett's wedding. Thursday I went to Norman for her personal shower/girls night, which was a blast. Friday I missed some pre-wedding fun, since I was sick, but slept a lot so I was more pulled together for the big day. I plan on doing a separate post about the wedding, but needless to say Anna mad a gorgeous bride. Here I am with Anna at her personal shower. It was great to be with my BFF for her big day.
10. As a wrap up we had a blast in Oklahoma per usual. I love being with my family and miss them so much when I'm gone. I wish we could live closer to them all so I could see them more often and our kids could grow up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment