Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. I would like to wish a Happy Wedding week to Miss Anna Tooman, soon to be Mrs. Gentry. I cannot wait to get to OK and start to take part in the fun. I am beyond happy that you have found your soul mate. You are going to love marriage!

2. The packing for the road trip is almost done and I have a large bag designated purely for things to entertain Zane. The bag includes everything from his little hair brush to books. I finally bought the Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes toy Sunday. I have been meaning to buy it for Zane, who loves music, but just now got around to it. It is perfect for parents and baby. It isn't very loud, it only plays normal classical music, with a big button that is easy for him to push. He played with it on the way home from Toys R Us and I could barely hear it win driving, perfect for a road trip.

3. Zane officially is waving bye bye consistently and at the appropriate time. He has been working towards this slowly for a while, but now he does it all the time. It is super cute, as you can imagine.

4. I think I have created a monster with the minature spatula. It has been over a week since we made cookies, but now every time that I am cooking, anything, he finds his little spatula in the drawer and gives it to me, begging for a taste, of what he is sure is cookie dough. This weekend he got so upset that I wasn't giving him a taste of the onions I was chopping that I finally gave him a little taste of peanut butter, which seemed to suffice.

5. Zane is back to having sleeping problems, again. I think it is due to the little bit of a cold he has mixed with all his molars wanting to come in at the same time, but he is beyond pathetic waking up screaming crying, with big boy tears running down his bright red face. I thought he might have an ear infection Sunday night but he woke up monday happy as a clam and wasn't upset at all when I was messing with his ears. Poor little man.

6. I'm trying to get excited about OU Football starting this weekend. We start out pre-season number one, again, which we all know ends with an unpleasant fall from grace, but such is life as an OU football fan. I can't believe that Landry Jones still is in college. I feel like it is high time for a new quarter back, but I guess not. I am trying to get a trip together to go see the Sooners play this year, hopefully it works out.

7. We finally bought an SD card for our new camcorder. We had taken a lot of videos on the flip camera, which worked wonderfully, until a little boy pulled it off the table, breaking the lens. So we got a new camera a few weeks ago, but we just got an SD card yesterday. I am very happy with how easy it is to work, how small it is, and that is also doubles as a still camera. Now I we can take HD videos of our cute little man and easily share them with all of you! Hooray! I know what you are thinking, yes my phone does take videos but they aren't great quality and it's a pain to get them on my computer so I am going old school with a miniture camcorder.

8. Has anyone been watching the around the clock, remembering 9/11 coverage on the history channel? It is very interesting, though very depressing as well. I'm not sure why it is starting up so early, but we watched about three hours of documentaries about 9/11 Sunday night and then I had horrible terrist dreams afterwards. I can't believe it has been ten years. I have vivid memories of that day, most of which involve my dad. Strange to think that only nine years later on that day I would be attending his funeral. Just a sad day/month all around. I hate September.

9. Speaking of September, I need to pull up from my funk about the month and figure out how I'm going to celebrate Zach's birthday. I hate that the day is pretty much ruined for me forever. I'm trying to figure out ways to make it better, but so far I have no ideas. We are planning a trip to his parents house the weekend after his birthday (Sept. 11th included) which hopefully will be celebratory, maybe that will help.

10. In more positive news I work tonight and then I'm off for six days, chilling at the farm with the family and attending the big wedding events. It should be a good, half way through nights, break.

Happy Tuesday everyone!


1 comment:

  1. As time goes by you will find that your focus is back on Zach's birthday almost completely, especially when you kids are old enough to be into birthdays. They'll have to help you wrap the Cheetos...or whatever it is that Zach likes. You'll have to work on changing that focus but you will make it happen. Love you dear and can't wait to see you all.

    ReplyDelete