1. Sunday we went to the Botanical Gardens in an attempt to use up our free passes to the children's garden before they expire. Turns out parents and children under three get in free so we really could go anytime, without passes, but it was a fun trip none the less. The children's garden there is unbelievable, with all sorts of things to climb, slides, and water features. All of which were in no way age appropriate for Zane, but good to know about for when he is older or if my nieces and nephews are in town. I have plenty of free passes up for the taking!
Here is Zane playing with the flowers that have bells in them and inside a huge bee hive with Zach.
2. On a nights update thing are going just as I thought they would. I am exhausted and Zane has to be in daycare more than before. I tried keeping him the days that I work that night but didn't work the day before, which lead to me being awake for 24 hours and feeling like I might die during the night. So Friday he went to daycare in the morning and I picked him up after his nap at 1:00pm. I hated it, but I felt better and more awake that night, though I did have to float to two different floors. I'm looking at it as one week down only 5 more to go, yikes that is a long time.
3. My sleep schedule is all screwy on the days I don't work as well. For instance I didn't work Saturday night, but had slept a lot that day, so couldn't fall asleep until like 1am. but then Zane wakes up at 7am and I felt like I wanted to be up with him, which led to a crabby mommy and me having to go back to sleep, so I feel like I waste a lot of my day sleeping. Just a negative situation all around.
4. This weekend is Blaine's 7th birthday baseball game and I can't wait. His birthday isn't until the end of September but this is when we could fit it in and it is going to be a blast. I finally have found a babysitter, so everything is set. Hopefully Blaine is as excited about it as we are, cross your fingers for a nice day!
5. I think my new baby shower gift is going to be a salad spinner, for two reasons. It is great at keeping lettuce fresh and more importantly it is a phenomenal toddler toy. I remember Maggie loving it and now Zane is completely enamored with it as well. We had a solid 20 minute salad spinner play time the other day, complete with him spinning his favorite pink hippo and of course wearing the inside basket as a hat.
This last picture was the big hug I got after salad spinner play time. Love my little boy!
6. Zane is currently working on giving kisses. Right now it looks more like lip smacking, which sometimes leads to him trying to bit my face, in a "kiss." But it will still make you melt. This evening while I was cuddling and singing songs I started to kiss his little head and he immediately spit out his binki and started smacking his lips by my cheek. Be still my heart. Nothing is more sweet than that!
7. Our five year anniversary book finally came in and it turned out wonderful. An added bonus to the anniversary books, which I didn't think about when I started this tradition, is that Zane brings them to me as a book to read. He has brought me the most current one several times, but we only get as far as his surgery before he looses interest. It's a pretty sad story if you only have a 2 minute attention span. I try to tell him that the story gets better, but he is done with it by the October page.
8. I am also getting very excited about my best friend, Anna's, wedding which is happening over labor day weekend, in Oklahoma. We are driving through the night next Wednesday, so that should work alright with Zane, but it is the eight hour drive back from Oklahoma that has me a little nervous. Zane was screaming with boredom on our twenty minute car ride to the botanical gardens Sunday. I have started making lists for snack and entertainment ideas, any suggestions are more than welcome.
9. On that same note I am currently on a dress hunt to wear to this blessed event, which is a form of torture to me. Here is something that isn't helpful when you are dress shopping and fat. When the clerk hands you a dress and says, "Here miss, this will be slimming." That makes me want to run far far away from your store, not try on the 'slimming' dress. I also got kicked out of the petite section twice on my most recent shopping trip. "Excuse me, mam, did you know you are in the petite section." Not so subtle hint to say, 'you are not petite!' Needless to say the hunt continues with only about 3 free days left before we leave for Oklahoma, wish me luck.
10. I'm off to pick up Zane from daycare and try to salvage the rest of our afternoon. Have a great week!
Ah, see some B clothes there. That little yellow outfit, i think, he was wearing around the time of the infamous crash into the concrete at your house. Love that Z is wearing them too!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite picture is the one of the "big huge" ROTFL
ReplyDeleteWhy is it so darn cute to see a little boy in a sleeveless romper? I'll swear that melts my heart every time. Love the lip smacking! Oh my, the exquisite joys of motherhood. Just so you know, it doesn't really get better than that.
ReplyDelete