Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1. Today is the dreaded day that I go to nights. I can't help but think about how in all actuality I will be awake for 24 hours, minus a couple naps. That is not how I like to live and it isn't helping my already stressful life. Zane took an hour and a half nap this morning so we will keep our fingers crossed for at least one more good nap today.

2. Zane has a new love for the outdoors. The weather has been lovely the past couple days, so we spent most of the days outside. Zane will stand at the door, one hand on the door knob, the other hand reaching out to me, trying to get me to let him go outside. This picture was Sunday night while we were grilling and playing outside. Yes he is rocking overalls with no shirt!


3. He did take a few little tumbles on the cement, ending in some scraped knees, fingers, and toes, but he didn't seem to mind because he was outside and having a blast. I'm so excited about fall weather coming!

4. In exciting news Zane and I's trip to the Kirkwood farmer's market was very successful yesterday. I finally found okra and fresh tomatoes, with the added bonus of some delicious nectarines.

5. Zane charmed his way into a free bouncy ball while we shopped at Christopher's yesterday so he enjoyed our trip as well. I think I was the first person who had walked into the store that looked like they wouldn't be offended if they gave my son a bouncy ball, that looked like an eye, that no longer lite up. See it does help to not get dressed up to shop.

6. Adorable picture of the week. Zane and I after bath time with his crazy hair style and his crazy mother! In good news his bug bite and his forehead scrape are both totally healed!
7. Zane, who at the beginning of summer would leave his sunglasses on for a second, has a new found love of glasses. He realized this love after trying on daddy's classes yesterday. The glasses made him look even more like Zach and the sunglasses where the only way I got him to give me Zach's glasses back.


8. Sunday went better than I thought it would. I got off of work so I was able to spend a lovely day with Zach and a Zane. I bought Zane a bunch of new books from the Borders going out of business sale and we ate a delicious lunch outside. Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts on a rough day.

9. One of the books that I got Zane is Wherever You are: My Love Will Find You by Nancy Tillman. It is a lovely book with a great message and gorgeous pictures, though a bit off a tough read Sunday. She is the same person that wrote On the Night You Were Born, which I couldn't find at the sale, but want to get soon.

10. Ok wish me luck tonight! I'm super nervous about it, luckily it is only one night then I'm off until Friday night. I think I will make chocolate chip cookies to take in with me.

2 comments:

  1. Who is the guy from Haiti? Someone hacked your blog! Welcome to my world. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all these pics of Zane. I bought that book, Wherever you Are, My love will find you, last fall and fell in love with it. I wanted to give it to each of you kids for yourselves and the grandkids but everyone was still too raw at that time. I am thrilled that you found it. It is perfect for Danny isn't it. It's true: wherever you are, his love will find you. Dang it. Now I'm crying again. Will this never end?

    ReplyDelete