Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ten on Fat Tuesday

1. Yesterday was one of those days when I had a great, fun day planned for Zane and I, and he was having none of it. I am not quite sure where my happy little shopper went yesterday, because Mr. Grabby pants was out in full force. Zane cried like a crazy person through all of our errands. I do not know what was wrong, besides he was bored in the shopping cart. He tried to stand up in the shopping cart, which of course didn't end well, he threw things out of the cart, and wasn't friendly at all. Once we got in the car he was fine.

2. After feeling bad for dragging him through a couple different stores I thought he might like to play with the trains at Barnes and Noble. Really I shouldn't have done this because he in no way had earned train table play time, but I had such high hopes for our afternoon I really wanted to end it on a high not. As you might guess, it didn't end on a high note, so much as him not sharing his trains, and leaving in full melt down. I did take a few pictures of him playing with the trains before any other kids got there and tried to play with his trains... gasp! Not a great mommy day. Here he is looking charming.

3. One of our errands included going to spend our Best Buy gift card that I have had for months. This little trip to Best Buy reminded me why I buy everything on Amazon.com. I was looking for Finding Nemo on DVD, a very nice lady there told me they were out of that movie right now but could order it for me and I could pick it up in a couple weeks. To which I said, "I will just buy it on amazon.com and have it in two days." So I let Zane free to pick out a movie from the kids isle. He picked Babe, something I wouldn't have thought of, but the cover will all the farm animals was a winner. We watched it last night and it is such a fun movie, I had totally forgotten about!

4. Over the weekend Zane apparently got extremely close to climbing out of his crib. So the new room redesign, so he can be moved to his big boy bed, is under way. The theme I think is going to be Little Explorer, which leaves it open to exploring all sorts of things such as space and the sea. I have pinned all sorts of ideas, including this crazy room which went on my, "In my dream home" board, not the little boy room board because it obviously isn't realistic. But how fun would a room like this be, there is a slide in the middle of the ship that comes out in the kids walk in closet, of course.
A dream room for any little boy!

5. This one is for Zach's mom. Yesterday, while putting all of Zane's baby clothes in my cedar chest, we came across the famous sailor suit from Zach's childhood. We aren't sure if this one was his or his sister's, Zach seems to remember his having white on it, but either way we tried it on and here are the adorable results. The shorts were the right length but the pants were way to big on his skinny belly/bottom.


6. How is it Lent already? I of course work tomorrow, so I won't be able to go to ash Wednesday mass, which is just as well as it always makes me highly depressed. The chaplain does come around the floor and give us ashes though so I won't go to hell, just kidding :)

7. I was surprised that I didn't have a picture of Zane on Spot for his 20 month update, so I corrected that problem yesterday, with this adorable photo!

8. Today I got the pictures from Zane's 18 month (ish) photo shoot at the city museum. They are all wonderful, as usual. I always feel like we take a zillion photos and then there are only like sixty on the CD, but I am glad that she does the sorting out of the ones that aren't any good for me. Here is the link to the kordak photo gallery with the pictures. They really capture my little, now 20 month old, boy. Hope that link works. 

9. Today my friend Michelle came over for what was suppose to be a fun play date with our boys and craft time for her and I. It was a bit of a disaster. Her son was, I think, slightly terrified by Zane's over friendly nature. He wasn't being mean, which was good, but he was trying to tickle him, hug him, and was overly excited about showing him all his toys. Needless to say we didn't get any crafting done and Michelle had to leave with a sad little boy. I felt terrible that they drove all the way here and we didn't get to have the fun afternoon we had planned. We need to have craft day, without the children, I think. Sad face

10. On the craft note, I am planning on making an Easter egg wreath and little Easter egg topiary. Both very cheep crafts, since you can by a ton of plastic Easter eggs for nothing. Yes, I am starting them early, because as number nine proves, crafting is much easier said than done. I am off this weekend maybe I can get something done then. 

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...I wonder what bee was under his bonnet during the shopping today? Who knows, the lights might have been buzzing and driving him insane. Love you dear.

    ReplyDelete