Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. We are all feeling better, though Zane now has a little boy cough, but otherwise seems to feel fine. I think we have finally gotten our house disinfected. Lets hope this is our last puking event for a while.

2. This past weekend we went and had Zane's pictures taken at The City Museum. I have to say it went much smoother than I had originally thought. It was much busier than when I was there last week, but there are also a lot of spaces that are usually used for receptions or parties, that had cool architecture and all sorts of fun stuff that I think worked wonderfully for backgrounds. There was also a lot of space for him to run and be adorable. Zane understood more of what was going on, so he would occasionally look at the camera, say cheese, and hold still. Of course, this didn't happen all the time, but it was much better than his one year photos when he didn't have a clue. We even got a few family shots that hopefully turned out good as well. I can't wait to see the final results.

3. Also, this weekend Zach's parents came up to watch Zach's cousin wrestle in, I think, his District Tournament. Tom did great, getting second place and he will be heading to the State Tournament next weekend. We had a great visit with them, though our attempt to eat out with Zane Saturday night was a bit of debacle. The restaurant didn't have high chairs so Zane was much harder to keep contained. I did enjoy my Tucker's burger though.

4. I spent Sunday trying to simplify around the house, going through all of our cloths trying to find stuff we are done with that can be donated. So far we are up to seven trash bags full. I became very good at this process during the beginning of our marriage when we moved at least every year, if not more. Since we have been in our current house for two years, things have begun to build up a bit. The whole thing originally started with me going through and organizing all the baby clothes for Abbey. In good news I have a ton of clothes boxed and ready to go for little boy Richards.

5. Our organizing also included moving the full bed out of the upstairs bedroom, which is going to be Zane's big boy room at some point, to the downstairs. In the process the wall at the bottom of our stairs was completely torn to shreds, add that to the to do list I guess. Now their are two full size beds downstairs and the upstairs room just has Zane's big boy bed, but without a mattress on it, rendering that room useless for the moment. I got a fun farm scene rug at Target yesterday for Zane's new room which is super cute, but have no idea if it will match anything else we have. Oh well, now we just have to repaint, buy a mattress, and at some point work up the courage to actually let Zane sleep in that room. It is going to be a while. 

6. Speaking of Zane sleeping, that has gone south yet again. I can't believe this is still a topic of stress/conversation. Zane has recently taken to waking up at 3AM and not wanting to go back to sleep in his own bed. Due to recent illnesses and trips away from home Zane has gotten to snooze in our bed from time to time, but never for very long periods. I guess he now thinks that would be a fun place to sleep from 3AM on, but that isn't going to happen. I have to get up for work at 5:30 and leave by six, so starting my day at 3am just isn't a choice.  This situation resulted in WWIII at my house Saturday night, when Zane and I had a stubborn off from 3a.m. until about 4:30a.m. when he finally gave up and slept in his own bed. All this would be less problematic if it didn't take me a minimum of a half an hour to fall back asleep.

7. The other... fun??? news in our house is that we spent most of Sunday afternoon Washer and Dryer shopping. There are a few things in life that really make you feel like an adult; buying a car, buying a house, signing consent for your son's open heart surgery, and shopping for appliances, maybe not in that order. Man that is a lot of money down the drain. I keep telling myself that we will use these dryers for the next thirty years, but it still is a sucker punch to the wallet. I am excited about not having to restart my dryer three times to get one load of laundry dry. Probably shouldn't fix the wall in the basement until we get our hold washer/dryer out and the new ones in.If anyone has washer and dryer advice please let me know. My main requirement is a fast wash/dry cycle and not having to buy a new one for 30 years.

8. I have worked the past two days and it has been absolutely nuts. It is RSV/Flu season so the hospital census is out of control. Also, apparently no one can work valentine's day because we were beyond under staffed today, which made my valentine's day all together too stressful. In good news I survived, as did my patients which is always the goal.

9. After my exhausting day at work I dragged myself down to the Central West End to see my two friends who have been traveling nursing for the last few months. They are back in town and I really wanted to get to say hi to them before they left on another fun adventure. I learned two things from this little outing. First of all, I am so glad I live in the midwest, because I do not enjoy having to walk any distance to restaurants. I could never make it on the East coast. Secondly,  I think I am officially old because the music in the bar/restaurant was all together too loud and I don't have any fun boy/relationship drama  to discuss. Just normal mom stuff that isn't really that interesting. However, it was great to see them. Jen and Beth come visit Zaney and I ASAP!!

10. When I got home from my long day I was greeted by my valentine. Zane and Zach had gotten me flowers and Zach had cooked me dinner, only to have me go out to eat after work for the first time ever. I have an amazing husband, whom I count among my greatest blessings. He loves me through all the craziness and I have no idea where I would be without him. I didn't get to see my littlest valentine today, but I will love on him the rest of the week. Happy Valentine's Day everyone, hope you all are surrounded by love today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment