Sunday, September 9, 2012

First Trimester: The Rest of the Story

After we returned from our big Oklahoma Adventure we told Zach's parents we were pregnant, via the ER debacle story. Then the rest of the first trimester continued really without incident. I continued my Zofran and Phenergan regimen keeping most of the nausea at bay. I started on the night shift around week seven which was good in that I wasn't running around crazy while not feeling so hot. I felt crummy most of the time, but slept my days away while on nights. Also, I felt like it was easier to keep my pregnancy a secret since there wasn't a lot of heavy lifting going on at night. More people found out at work earlier thanks to loads of CMV kids during my night rotation. There are only about three different diagnosis's that you can't take care of when you are pregnant, CMV being one of them, so when their are CMV kids on the floor pregnant people start coming out of the wood work.

I went to my eight week appointment alone since Zach was out of town. I saw our little peanut for the second time and got the picture of the jelly bean looking creature that is our child. Zane's eight week picture looked pretty much like a little tiny baby, this ones looks more like a white blob, but obviously a very adorable blob. The appointment took no time at all with my doctor saying "You know you are going to have to get a fetal echo with this one right?" Which I knew, got my higher dose of Zofran and was on my way. You can tell this was a second child because I never even asked what my official due date was. I had done some general math in my head, knowing it was the end of February but didn't get the official date until the twelve week appointment. It is true what they say that you are too busy with your first child to spend too much time googling stuff like you did with the first one.

Peanut and I went on my girls weekend 2012 where I am pretty sure I wasn't very much fun as a travel companion. I couldn't handle the heat, felt nauseous most of the time, and was continually ordering food that I ended up not wanting to eat. So far this baby has been on numerous plane rides, good training for the future I'm sure.

At my twelve week appointment I heard the heart beat again, of course it sounds great, but I don't find that really reassuring at this point. It has been in the one sixties leading my doctor to pronounce it a girl. We shall see I guess. I only gained one pound, I think thanks to all the vomiting, but I will take it. I do feel like I am getting larger much faster this time, I guess thanks to having torn all my abdominal muscles to shreds carrying Mr. Zane. I think it's funny that you can't wait to "be showing" with your first child and it takes forever. Then with your second child, when you really could wait, mainly in order to not have to get back into maternity clothes, you start having a bump quite early.

Now at 15 weeks the stuffy nose, cough, and not being able to breath period has set in. I am praying it doesn't last as long as last time. I got my first dose of antibiotics on Thursday for a sinus infections/lung crud as I call it. I miss my Albuterol inhaler and would love some Nyquil, but I'm hanging in there. Still waiting for the time period where you are suppose to feel great in my second trimester. I'm sure it's just weeks away!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment