Saturday, September 8, 2012

The Zane Show and a Play Date

Last weekend when mom and I were trying desperately to find something to do outside of the house Zane woke up from his nap saying " I wanna go to a show." I thought surely mom had told him something about a show, but no he came up with this on his own. Keep in mind the only "shows" Zane has ever been to are the Sea Lion Show and the Dog Show, neither of which he showed much interest in, so I have no idea where he came up with this. But we went with it, thinking that Monkey Joe's, the bouncy house play place, our original plan for the day, might pass as a show. Once we realized Monkey Joe's was much to crowded we headed for plan B, a little park in Kirkwood.

Once we arrived to the park Zane proclaimed it the "Zane show" and went about his park play. I thought this was adorable at the time, but figured this would be the last we would hear of the the Zane Show. Don't get me wrong it was a great show, slides, swinging, Zane's first encounter with a marry go round, puddles, and crazy high humidity almost ending in Zane's mom and Grandma dying of a heat stroke. Here are the highlights of the original Zane Show!!!


A week later the Zane show is a regular request in our day. I am not sure if that means he wants to go to the park or if he has another show of some sort in mind. Pretty much every time we get in the car at some point he will say "I wanna go to the show," "Zane show." Sometimes he even requests this while we are at home, to which we tell him to go ahead and put on a show. This might result in dancing, but most of the time it ends in Zane looking at us like we are crazy.

Today Zane and I were headed to IL for a play date with my Michelle, Karen, and their kids. This is about a forty five minute drive so there was lots of time to request a trip to the Zane show. To be fair he also requested "I ride choo choo" and "I go to a park." However, today's Zane show ended up being the Shiloh, IL Homecoming Carnival. For my Oklahoma followers think a tiny Tri-State Carnival, perfect size for one and two year olds.

This was Zane's first introduction to carnival rides and carnival food. He rode the carousel, which was a little wobbly, to the point that the three of us couldn't stand beside each other because the weight would be off balance. The crowd favorite was the little cars, they all rode in the same car, pretending to drive and loving it. Zane also had his first bouncy house experience, which initially was confusing but he quickly got the hang of it and bounced away. There was also a little horse carriage ride, funnel cake, and a wonderful park with slides and swings galore! Apparently I missed the part of the day when Zane tried to kill himself while I was running to the car for Zane's water. I am not surprised, but Karen and Michelle seemed slightly concern about his trying to walk of a ledge. Here are the pics from our fun day. Many thanks to Michelle, Jamey, Karen, and Kinsley for keeping me company while Zach was cheering on his MIZZOU Tigers this evening!

Here are Jamey, Zane, and Kinsley looking rather serious driving their car.
 No the horse carriages where not going fast, it just looks like Zane is holding on for dear life.
 Zane got to step up to the intermediate swings today and did great!
 Mommy and Zane day of fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment