Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Ten On Tuesday

1. I failed to mention that besides meeting Santa at the Guernsey party Zane and Zach also went tubing at the ballpark. This was a bit of a stretch in Oklahoma, but a fun little set up. Zane seemed to enjoy it and went down twice. Zach had to work pretty hard to get down the ramp, but was a great sport. Rowan and I watched from the stands while singing Christmas carols. We only spent an hour there but had a wonderful time!

 You probably can't tell, but that's little Zane on the ramp, in his tube.
 All high fives afterwards.
Ro baby cheering them on!

2. This week we put the finishing touches on our Christmas decorations with the Chrsitmas Village. Parts of this village were up every year at my Grandma Blakley's house. Now mom has them and has added all sorts of cute things to the collection. Zane was a very careful helper and surprisingly enough nothing got broken. 




3.While putting up the village Zane realized that he could use the "snow" to transform into Santa. This was hysterical, specifically when he asked Woody what he wanted for Christmas and his response was "oh, you want new teeth Woody, ok." He wore his beard and hat around for quite sometime, saying Ho Ho Ho and asking all his toys what they wanted for Christmas. This kid has an unbelievable imagination.


 The head of Santa Clause, with the body of Spiderman.

4. Santa's workshop is still hopping here. When I ask Zane if he wants to do a craft he says no, but then proceeds to say, "We make a present at the workshop.... maybe??" Everything ends in maybe these days. Then we go ahead and do whatever craft I had originally planned as elves and Santa. I'm quickly running out of ideas and Mom's house is starting to look like a kindergarten class room. So I'm going with it and we are going to start actually making presents for people. Spoiler alert: hope everyone likes popsicle stick ornaments. Here are a few of our most recent creations.

Paper plate pom pom wreath, made while eating cheetos, makes it that much better.

Not pictured the cotton ball snowman and the painted pinecones with glitter, already on the tree.

5. Today we had to make an early trip into town for more supplies and found a gingerbread house kit. It was decorated of course in "the workshop" and turned out very cute. Ro loved the box and Zane loved the decorating, win win.





6. Gary continues to be a huge source of entertainment doing all sorts of crazy things. This morning he was found playing the piano in a front end loader CAT machine. He has also been seen playing cards with Jangle, hiding in the marshmallow jar, trying to roast marshmallows, visiting the other elves, reading his own book, and taking a nap in Zane's bed. Today he brought Despicable Me 2 from Santa for the ride to Grammi's for Christmas. Tons of fun!


7. Little Rowan is pretty miserable these days with his entire top gum swollen with all his teeth trying to come in at the same time.  He sleeps through the night beautifully when Daddy is home, but when I'm here by myself he is up for two hours at a time. His teething toy of choice is one of his socks or his hands, though I try to give him all sorts of other toys, he isn't buying it. Also, my overall idea back fired this week when Ro figured out how to unbutton his overall straps. Why can't they just make kid overalls with the galluses so you can actually  make them longer & shorter and the kids can't undo them??


Zane tried to help get them back on, but it ended in a near strangulation, as you might expect.

8. The other Christmas happening  is Zane's advent calendar. I hadn't planned on doing one because I can't come up with little things to put in it beyond candy. However, Zane found the stand up one, with the little doors, and loved it so I went on a hunt for tiny figurines. I found Despicable Me and Monster ones which were perfect and now they are all living on or around the Christmas village. It's kind of vague who puts the things in the little doors. Zane sometimes things Gary does, sometimes he asks who and I'm not clear on it either, but it's a good time. 

 The advent calendar is right next to the Nativity Scene where 'baby genius' lives. I'm not sure where Zane came up with that, but no matter how many times I try to get him to say baby Jesus, he is sticking with baby genius.

9. Christmas shopping is pretty well done, except for the some  things for Blakley Christmas that isn't happening until after the busy season at Savory Spice shop. The boys have matching pajama's which arrived today and are highly adorable. Zane picked out a super cute stuffed fish from Fried Okra Shop on Etsy, based in OKC which is even better (and you have to love that name). I'm not very inspired this year, so hopefully everyone has a good Christmas. 

10. I have been fighting back a cold/the lung crud all weekend, but had warded it off with Rowan sleeping well. Last night Rowan was up for two and a half hours and today around four I crossed over into feeling terrible, coughing, tight chest, miserableness. This is not good news since it is still freezing and we are still stuck inside with two very active boys. Also, probably going to put a damper on my weekend plans to do all the Downtown OKC Christmas kid activities. Sigh.... or should I say cough. Tis the season for it I guess. Back to drinking my hot tea! Happy Tuesday, stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment