Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ten on Tuesday

1. Sunday was lovely weather and Daddy was home so we had lots of outdoor fun. We went to the park in the afternoon, grilled for dinner, and even had a little camp fire to play by in the evening. Rowan had a great time exploring the patio and crawling back and forth across mom's little bridge. Yesterday was just as lovely so the boys and I went back for more park time.


Yes, it really was warm enough for Zane to be wearing short sleeves without a jacket. I haven't lost my mind completely. Not yet.... soon!
This shots gives me some hope that they might actually be able to play together some day.

2. Also on Sunday Gary set up a candy cane hunt for the morning. Turns out Gary bought some really cheap candy canes so most of them ended up broken by the end of hunt. We got some higher quality ones and tried again yesterday after nap, with much more success in keeping them in one piece. Sunday Zane set up a hunt for Daddy while he was napping, which was pretty adorable as well.




3. Also, this week Gary brought Zane a Spiderman ornament that plays the Spiderman song. He is a very nice little elf. I'm concerned about what is going to happen when Gary goes back to the North Pole. When we returned from OKC on Saturday we couldn't find Gary (Mom had moved him so I literally didn't know where he was) and Zane had a mental breakdown. We've talked about it, but I'm bracing for days of "Where's Gary Mamma?" "But why Gary not here?" And on and on and on!

Here are the Gary highlights of the week. At one point he did try to jump out of the window of his house, which wasn't good, but other than that lots of fun!




 The little people that hang out by the gingerbread house have greatly multiplied. We almost have all of  the Oozma Kappa gang ,from Monsters University, now.


4. I am still trying to get all the multiple, very expensive, pieces together to get my Oklahoma Nursing license. Turns out I really should have started this before we left, but I was in such denial about getting a new job here that I pretended like it didn't exist. Of course that never pans out, so now I'm behind, and really need to be getting a job, but am jumping throw hoops, trying to prove that I am, indeed, a nurse. The licensing test is a nation wide thing, so not quite sure why it's such a big deal, but it is. Yesterday I felt like a criminal getting my background check done and my picture taken (essentially a mug shot). The fact that business is still done using the U.S. Postal service in 2013 is quite mind boggling to me and is really slowing the process down. Oh well, I'm dreading getting a job anyway.

5. As a follow up to number four I do, however, desperately need to find a job because we need to get a rental house. We need to be a little family again, with Daddy coming home every night, and not being an hour and twenty minutes away. Zane tells me multiple times a day that he misses "the little house." That being our house in STL. I hate to tell him that if he thought that house was little he is in for a rude awakening when he sees our, sure to be tiny, rental house we will be moving into. We have found some options, now we just need to look at some and make a decision.

6. All of that will probably have to wait until after next week, when we will be celebrating Christmas in S.E. Missouri with Zach's family. Zane is excited to see everyone and is also surprisingly excited about 'the road,' as he calls it. He is a great little traveler, but his brother on the other hand could be a problem. I finally gave in a bought Zane a new car seat since he is about two inches too tall for his and Rowan is too big for his as well. Maybe comfy new car seats all around will help our trip go a little smoother.

7. Yesterday it was just me and the boys here and the most adorable thing happened, spontaneously, and unbelievably didn't end with anyone in tears. Rowan has starting being able to walk holding someone's hand/hands. Zane and I have walked with him together before, each of us holding a little hand, walking very slowly so Rowan can keep up. While cleaning the kitchen last night I heard Zane say, "Rowan can walk mamma," this being Zane's dream come true. When I ran to see, thinking he might have actually taken a step, this is the adorableness that I found, and my camera just happened to be sitting there to capture it.


 Ro really was happy as a lark, even though he looks distressed in this picture.
The neatest thing about these pictures, besides the obvious, is that usually in all the pictures of the two of them Zane has his mean face on, the one where his teeth stick out angrily, like he wants to literally squeeze him to death. But in all of these he is happy and being oh so gentle with little Ro. At the end of the long walk through the kitchen they danced!

8. Today the boys and I met Aunt Anna at the OKC Zoo for an afternoon of fun, enjoying the beautiful weather. This was Zane's first trip to the zoo and my first trip in a long time so it was quite the adventure. Zane kept asking where Miss Michelle was, our STL zoo friend. And he really wanted to see the penguins, which to be far aren't currently at the St. Louis Zoo either. I think he enjoyed the statues more than the animals themselves this go around, but of course he loved all the snakes. Aunt Anna even gave him piggy back rides, which made the whole thing that much more fun. Thanks Aunt Anna!!!

This picture makes me laugh so hard. I know Rowan didn't actually know there was a cobra behind him, but the look on his face really screams, "get me the hell out of the snake house."
Zane and his fairy Godmother! He was so excited to see her and made sure that we didn't forget to give her her Christmas present from Santa's workshop. 
This is just one of many statues Zane climbed on/fell off of today. It was the by far the most random so I went with it.
9. After Zoo time we ate pizza with daddy at The Wedge a pizza place here that gives kids pieces of dough to play with while you wait. Zane of course needed to add lots of spice to his mixture. Then this evening I helped able restock at the spice store while Daddy put the boys to sleep. 

10. On that note for anyone still needing to do Christmas shopping my sister put together a great gift guide with ideas from Savory Spice Shop OKC. Spices have become my go to gift, not just because my mother and brother own the store, but because I use enjoy them so much and love sharing the wonderful flavors with everyone. Here is the link to Abbey's blog to check out the full list of ideas! And for all my Missouri friends feel free to call or email the shop and they would be happy to mail you your spices! 

Happy Shopping!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like tons of fun today. I am sorry to have missed it but there was no way I could have walked around the zoo with my poor aching feet. Dad and I had a nice afternoon though so that's all good.

    ReplyDelete