2. Speaking of not seeing my boys we did find them a daycare center today in what turned out to be a huge bit of divine intervention. I called this place yesterday and talked to a girl named Jenny. When we went to look at it this evening I was pleasantly surprised to find that the Jenny I had talked to was no other than Jenny Graber, who had lived across the road from me growing up. She was decently older than I was, but we spent lots of time together and our father's are buried right next to each other, so we are basically family. We had looked at a different branch of this same center last week, but they didn't have spots for the boys. What a God thing that we would end up there! So I feel more than comfortable leaving my children with her. I am counting this as a huge blessing, as things rarely work out that nicely in my life.
3. Other news from the Korenak house. This past week was Valentine's Day, which was the day after Able and Kari's welcome home/engagement party, so the boys each got balloons. They both loved them and my genius idea of tying them to there little gift bags didn't last long. Both balloons are chilling on our high ceilings now. Zane made lots of Valentine's for people, most of them mailed out, but Grandma came by in the morning for personal delivery and Daddy got his delivered with the tie that Zane had picked out just for him. I got beautiful flowers from my love too.
Zane is in the background opening his present that was secretly for me, Aladin on DVD!
This picture Rowan with the balloon and no pants is too cute. He looses his pants all the time.
And here are my Valentine's. Both wearing their red for Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Day. Zane is a runny, crazy, billboard for CHD, so only fitting.
4. Also this week the weather started to be a little bit more coorpative which meant afternoons in the backyard or at the park. I loved watching Zane and Ro play in our backyard, unbelievably well, together the other day. Rowan didn't just eat dirt, he climb around, chased Zane, and had a great time as well. We even had our traditional apples and peanut butter snack, which Zane and I use to eat outside in STL everyday. Rowan quickly fell in love with sitting and standing on the picnic table.
5. Yesterday afternoon the Blakley Grandkids held the Olympics in Abbey's backyard. It was hysterical, complete with multiple runs through the course, interviews of the athletes, a medal ceremony, and a broom ceremony after the USA Sweep. This proved to be lots of, impromptu fun.
Zane running the coarse.
This is Zane getting interviewed during intermission
No, the kids don't know the words to the National Anthem, but mom and I were singing and they were doing a great job of faking it. I love their serious faces in the broom ceremony.
6. After the Olympics we took the kids to the Myriad Gardens park downtown. It takes awhile to get down there, but the weather was so nice, without any crazy wind, so we took full advantage. The kids played wonderfully together and the little boys had a great time as well.
7. Birthday week continues with little Rowan back under the weather a little bit. Yesterday he seemed a little warm and slightly cuddly, which I questioned, but he powered through. Today he had a real life fever and at one point was laying, perfectly still on the couch. At that point I called the doctor to see if maybe his ear infections hadn't cleared up. The one good thing about our house is that it is literally two minutes from our pediatrician's office so we got in quickly for a peak at the ears. They are fine, so either terrible teething or some little viral thing. Knock on wood there hasn't been any other symptoms of a virus, just a cuddly, hot baby, which I can handle. Hope he feels better soon.
Let's talk about how adorable these two are. Zane was so sweet, bringing Rowan his blanket, patting him, and giving him sweet little kisses. "It ok Ro Ro, you just need to rest."
8. Tomorrow Grammie and Papa arrive for Rowan's bday celebrations. Zane is very excited and has the guest room all ready for them. The guest room is doubling as a playroom with the train table, which now that we don't really have room for it, Zane is thoroughly enjoying. Such is life. We can't wait to play with Grammie and Papa.
9. In not exciting news, last night I randomly took a hard fall onto the sidewalk in front of my house. Somehow (think Zane's doing) the snow shovel got placed right in the middle of the walk way. On the way back out to the car to get Rowan (by the grace of God I wasn't holding a child) I bit it hard. I have no idea what happened but ending up bleeding from both hands and both knees, screaming in pain. Zach wasn't home yet so I had to figure out how to get both my kids back inside, with blood everywhere, and multiple injuries. Today my knees, wrists, hands, and right elbow hurt terrible, making me feel pretty old. Turns out your right wrist and hand are very important to daily life. This is classic Audra and I now get to be all different shades of blue and purple for Rowan's bday party!!!!!
10. This afternoon we had an impromptu park date with Uncle Able. This is what I enjoy about not working, fun times everyday, not necessarily planned out. With the added bonus of having the energy to enjoy them. Here is Uncle Able and Zane on their "pirate ship" and Uncle Able taking the blue horse for a ride. It was another gorgeous day, though I do feel kind of bad that turns out Rowan had a fever during all of this. He seemed cuddly, but didn't act like he hated life that much. Sorry Ro! Thanks Uncle Able for coming to play, I needed the help with my current injuries.









wow, I've never seen Rowan that still or that serious. Poor baby. Glad Able could stop by. I kind of thought he was home sick as well. Doesn't look sick to me. He is loving having you guys in OKC you know. Everyone all together and beautiful Kari who loves him. He's got the world by the tail.
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy to hear about your new job & how well your daycare situation has turned out! It never fails to amaze me how things like this can play out so beautifully, especially when we're the most stressed about it! God is good :)
ReplyDeletePS-I'm loving your boys' red shirts!