I'm sure I have done multiple blog posts on this in the past, but I want to capture all the funny, adorable, things that come out of Zane's mouth at all his ages. I think last time I wrote this post Zane had tomorrow and yesterday backwards so every night he would say, "Maybe yesterday we can go to the zoo?" Well time passed and somehow, not from Zach and I correcting him because it was just too adorable to correct, he figured out that tomorrow means the next day and yesterday means the previous day. Great! Now every night ends with "Maybe tomorrow we can watch a movie, or some other request." Still adorable.
Currently, and for quite some time now, Zane has had to and for switched in his mind. For instance in June, when we were preparing for his birthday celebrations, everything he saw he said, "Maybe I can get that to my birthday?" (Oh and he starts a lot sentences with maybe, if you hadn't caught on to that yet.) Months later he is still confused. "Mamma can you get milk to me." Or in the opposite case when we sing "The Lord is Good to Me" he sings, "and so I thank the Lord to giving me the things I need." They are completely backwards in everything he says to the point that I find myself saying them backwards, not good. "What are we having to dinner?" Recently Zach and I both have started trying to correct him more, and he tries to say it the correct way, but he just can't wrap his mind around it, and struggles to get the words out. So funny!!
To and For are the big things he has confused, but from that stemmed the issue with the word tonight. When we lived at the farm he would ask when daddy was coming home and I would respond, tonight. To which he thought I meant for night and it all got very confusing. So Zane started saying, "is daddy coming home THIS night?" Smart kid, and now he refers to night time as this night. Sometimes he has the same issue with today and asks if we are doing things this day as well, but seems to be more of an issue with night time.
Zane loves talking at dinner, mainly to get out of eating, but his conversations always start with, "so how was work today?" This is what he says no matter the meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner, and no matter who is eating with, i.e. Grandma or I at lunch when we obviously haven't been working. "Was it good or bad?" There always has to be a clear answer, good or bad, yes or no. "Mamma you like Beauty and the Beast, yes or no?" "Are we going to Aunt Abbey's this day, yes or no?" "Can I watch a movie this night, you say yes or no?" This sounds like if the answer is no he would be a ok with it, which isn't the case and fits are definitely thrown if he is asking for something he wants and I say no. Also at dinner he says "Hey guys I got a question." But never actually can come up with a question. Or "Ok I have good news and bad news." But never really has any news, very funny.
Another common question at our house currently is "Who is the bad guy?" Asked immediately upon starting a movie or watching a cartoon. If it's a movie Zach and I haven't seen he gets extremely frustrated by the answer that we don't know who the bad guy is. "But who is the bad guy Mamma?" And of course there is the being a bad guy, but not being a bad GUY (complete with the correct voice fluctuations and hand movements). This is a line from Wreck it Ralph, "Just because I am a bad guy, doesn't mean I am a guy." And this leads to lots of questions about bad guys in movies. Is he just a bad guy or is he a bad guy?? Very confusing and so funny to hear coming from a three year old.
Other random things he says that crack me up include, "There can only be one man, who is the coolest, and you are not that man." ""Hey Mamma..... I love you!" (Heart melting), "Maybe I play the iPad a little bit?" " Where Ro Ro Ro Ro Ro Ro?" "Maybe we eat at a restaurnant? Yes or no?" "You tell me a story mamma?" "You tell me a story about that bad guy?" "What we gonna do next Mamma? Then what, and then what, and then what?" "Ok guys, here's the plan" He really needs to know exactly what is going to happen, when, how long it's going to take, and what we're going to do next. I rarely have a plan that is that detailed or a plan at all which leads to the "what we gonna do next" questioning going on for a very long, annoying, amount of time. He will come up with a plan if I don't have one though, so no worries.
Zane does really well talking on the phone to people, very funny to watch because he makes all the right facial expression and hand movements. "Well, what ya doing today?" "Well.... we just playing and playing and playing." He carries on all sorts of conversations with mom on the phone, until he is distracted by something then it's "Ok bye" and runs away. Overall he talks like such a big boy with all sorts of adult inflections that crack me up since he has no idea he is doing it. He still will talk to anyone he sees, i.e. everyone in the grocery store. I love to hear what's going on in his little mind, it's too much fun. And that's just a small glimpse into the funny things that come out of my son's mouth!
No comments:
Post a Comment