The sadness in his face, the utter look of confusion, "Bobo?"
"Where are you bobo?" Wandering aimlessly until he finds his brother's
face in a crowd of little boys, his brother just as excited to see him.
They hug, Zane asks "do you miss me Ro Ro, you can't come and play,
you're too little." Then Zane's gone, back on the field with dad,
Rowan's second true love, and he is lost again. "What are you doing
bobo?" "Where's bobo?" "Zaneyboy.... where are you?" Finally giving up, sitting alone eating raisins on the sidewalk.
This sad scene played out numerous times at
Monday nights t-ball game. Rowan and I would sit down with Grandma, then
Rowan would realize that his other half was missing, that no one was
holding his hand, or chasing him. There was no one there to laugh with
or to mimic, he was truly lost. I've never witnessed so many loving, adorable
hugs. Rowan took Zane raisins mid game and handed them to him in the dug
out through the fence. Zane brought Rowan a hat for him and made sure
it fit just right, ending with another hug and kiss. Then Rowan waited patiently outside of the dugout after the game until finally his big brother was back at his side.
"You're ok Rowan."
This love, between these two, makes every last battle, every last
tear, worth it. To know that no matter what, they have a best friend, a
buddy, a playmate, that's what it is all about. Currently this love is completely mutual. Zane rarely, if ever, gets tired of his shadow, and thoroughly adores Rowan as well. I know that some day this will change and things won't always be this adorable. But my prayer for these two is that they always are there to give each other hugs, that they grow up together, and not grow apart. I pray that when they are adults that they might be blessed with an amazingly close relationship like I have with my siblings. I'm not sure how to make that happen, so for now it's just prayers and lots of adorable hugging pictures!!!!
These shots are priceless. I too am so glad they have each other. What a blessing.
ReplyDelete