Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Ten on Tuesday

1. I forgot one of our summertime adventures in my last post. Last week we joined the Richards clan for a morning trip to the zoo. We got there as soon as it opened but it was still pretty toasty. Of course my son had to visit the snakes and after our months of studying he was able to identify quite a few of them. We enjoyed the wadding river in the Children's Zoo, got sparkly tattoos, rode the carousel, and visited the bats before heading home.




2. Usually we wait for Zane's birthday to get our swimming pool but this weekend it was just too hot to not be swimming. So Saturday afternoon Zane's bday came early and we got a new big pool. I'm hoping it lasts longer than our previous years, but we shall see. The boys playing in it all Saturday evening as it was filling and I hear they swam all day Sunday, with nice tans to prove it. It's just not summer until you're swimming.

Rowan loved everything about the pool on Saturday. Yesterday he wanted nothing to do with it, except to wear a swim diaper around the backyard. This evening he was back to loving the swimming pool!!!! Hopefully it stays that way.


3. Saturday morning we went to see Charlotte's Web at the Myriad Gardens. It was lots of very hot fun! All the characters were there, Templeton, Charlotte, Wilbur, and there were even some real animals there Saturday as well. After we saw all the Charlotte fun the boys cooled off in the Thunder Fountain.







4. The other grand breaking finding on Saturday was the find of white queso in Edmond. Zach overheard a dad bribing his son with white queso during a tball game earlier in the week and quickly butted into the conversation to ask what restaurant had the queso. For all my Oklahoma friends who are wondering, Three Tequila's on Broadway has it and it is complementary with your meal. Between this find and the Dairy Queen that is being built a few miles away things are really starting to fall in place here in Oklahoma!

5. We are deep into birthday month here, for Zane's birthday. Zane's favorite part of every birthday is the decorating and party planning so we started that early. Our house now looks like a Penguin Luau for sure. We still need to make a few more penguins and put up some birthday signs, but it's all coming together nicely. Zane is a difficult child to buy presents for as he has no interest in toys. So this year his presents include lots of nature/exploring things, snake books, and the big present, a bicycle. I did update his amazon wish list for anyone struggling as hard as I did to think of a present idea for him.

6. Random fun fact about my boys at this current moment in time. The have created a phrase that only the two of them understand and they both find it beyond hysterical. I have no idea what it means or how they came up with it but it can be heard through our house everyday. The phrase is "Waa Wee" and must be said while putting your fists behind your back and sticking out your belly. I have inquired about various things that I thought it might mean, like the obvious (wee wee) and Zane and Rowan both square that's not it. Every time I ask Zane what it means he says something different like "Holly Jolly" was his response once. It is hysterical and keeps them entertained for long periods of time. Here is Rowan saying it while wrapped in a whale towel, no not because he had gone swimming and gotten wet. 



7.We finally gave away our last mean fish after all the others had died. This means we are starting over with all new, calm, nice, goldfish. We were going to get another lobster but the people at the store said they would eat our nice fish, which could solve the mystery of what happened to the fish that disappeared last year (while we had Mustache the lobster). So we just got four new goldfish of varying colors and sizes, Carrot, Annie, Beauty, and Rascal are all getting along every well so far. Fingers crossed that we can avoid anymore fish murders for awhile.

8. Today we ventured to Norman to go to the Sam Noble Museum with Aunt Anna. This has been on my to do list since we moved here and today was the day we finally made it happen. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but turns out there are not only a lot of dinosaur bones there but lots and lots of snakes. We had an absolute blast!!! There was one whole exhibit that was set up like our very own little snake hunt, but with fake rattle snakes that made rattle noises. The whole thing was right up Zane's alley. I am so glad we did and can't wait to do it again soon.

 On the way there Zane was very worried that he wouldn't be able to touch a dinosaur bone. Guess what he got to hold three different kinds. Hooray!

 This is the second dog statue we saw today. Turns out Rowan loves dogs in statue form!
 Many thanks to Aunt Anna for come on this fun adventure with us!
 There were touch screen in front of all the exhibits telling you about the different animals in it. Pretty much every area in this particular area had numerous snakes to find it in it!!! So exciting.
Push a button and a rattle snake den lights up, yes please!
9. Contemplating trying to get Zane into private swim lessons. I don't think it would take very many for him to get the hang of it, since he is oh so close to swimming well as it is. Trying to get into group lessons has proven to be almost impossible and then he has to share the thirty minutes with seven other four and five year olds who also can't swim. As it stands I can't find a good solution and might just spend the extra money for something I think he would really get a lot out of.

10. Lastly I want to wish my sister a happy anniversary today!!! And I an early happy birthday to little E who turns three on Friday. June is a busy birthday month so I'm sure there are lots of fun ahead for us, we literally cannot wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment