1. This week Rowan and I had another evening with just the two of us while Zane and Zach went to the Boy Scout Pack Meeting. Zane won top salesman in his little Lion Troop, which doesn't say much for the Lions sales, but he did get a little wooden car to paint as his prize. While they were gone Rowan and I made and epic car tower, the way I use to make them, with can goods and books. Rowan's attention span never ceases to amaze me. We built and played with this the whole time they were gone. We added guys from his guy box and all his hot wheels. It was tons of fun.
2. Friday morning the Kindergarteners finally got to go to Antler Alert (the Friday morning all school assembly which they usually aren't invited to and which reminded me that there is no way I could be a grade school teacher). All the kindergarteners came in and got to sing their Thanksgiving song, The Pilgrims came to America. Zane was front and center, and literally a head taller than everyone in his class. They didn't get to stay for the rest of the assembly after they sung, but they all did a great job. Lots of cuteness to go around. We came back and brought Zane lunch as an added surprise.
3. My kids are ready for winter. This week when temps finally dropped below the 80s, maybe into the 50s or 60s they both busted out their snow suits to play in the backyard. They quickly came inside and complained of being hot, but they are ready for a snow storm. Rowan in his tiny Carhartts is the cutest thing, possibly ever.
4. In a classic boy mom moment, I came home from a long weekend at work Sunday, to find this sitting on my pillow. Placed there perfectly by my eldest son, who just the day before I had told I was having snake dreams from all our reading of snake books. Thanks buddy!
5. Also while I was at work Sunday there was big news of Rowan getting hooked up with Chick Hicks from Aunt Abbey. She had two so probably didn't realize how big of a deal Chick Hicks was to Rowan. He has been asking Santa for him and Santa was having a hard time locating one, so it was very exciting news. Rowan, in a strange turn of events, plays with his cars everyday. Still can't get use to him playing with actual toys. It's pretty amazing.
6. After working all weekend I then had three days with both boys, since Zane's school was out all week. These three days have really proven that it was a good thing that I waited until Zane was in kindergarten before having another baby. I cannot keep up with all his energy and constant, non-stop action, personality. Monday and Tuesday I tried to keep up and we did all kinds of things. But by Wednesday I had given up, canceled an adventure with Grandma and the cousins, and opted for making cookies at home instead. Then we went to the movie in the afternoon. I'm beyond exhausted and my entire body hurts, but Rowan is having the best week ever. I do love having both boys at home. They are both so happy, helpful, and have played with each other wonderfully. I miss that toothless grin when Zane's in school.
7. One of our numerous funtivities Monday included making a popcorn turkey. It was the easiest, cutest, and most entertaining Thanksgiving craft I've seen in a long time. We had both big and little paper bags already so it was also free. Super easy and the boys got to surprise Daddy with the popcorn surprise inside when he got home.
8. Tuesday's fun included at trip to Otto's along with all the OKC school district children. It was a mad house, but we had a blast with Aunt Anna, who joined us for the fun. It was a big day for Ro who braved the huge slide with his brother, have Otto, high fives, and helped his brother beat Aunt Anna in tug of war.
"I gave Otto a high five, TWO TIMES!" -Ro
9. By Tuesday night I felt like I might die, so I enlisted my two little helpers for some house cleaning. They were amazing and we got all the floors, swept and mopped, and the playroom picked up in record time. Zane can sweep the floor without any help and seems to enjoy it. But he was the most excited about mopping because he can dance while he does that. He had quite the dance party mopping the dining room and kitchen floor for me. What a God sent for them to actually be able to be helpful with chores these days. I love Zane's attitude towards life, always having fun!
10. As I mentioned before I decided I couldn't face another big outing on Wednesday so we made Thanksgiving cookies with Gma instead. The kids did great and we had just enough dough to keep they interesting, but not so much that I was cutting out cookies by myself at the end.
Here are the toothless gang. MJ is missing all her front teeth and Zane has the gapping hole up top. They are quite the pair and were in charge of all the mixing.Meanwhile the little boys were in charge of measuring things with Grandma. It's hard to get a pick of the little guys, but they are extremely adorable.
I was at work all day, cuddling little tiny ones, but I hear everyone had a great Thanksgiving without me. Our big festivity isn't until Sunday, but I ate plenty of tasty treats at work today. Hope everyone had a wonderful day!
No comments:
Post a Comment