Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Ten on Tuesday

1. This news has kind of gotten lost in the holiday season fun, but here it is. The Korenaks are moving yet again! This move is a lateral one, hopefully to our financial gain. We bought this house which is roughly the same size and is in the same neighborhood as our current house. It definitely isn't our final move, which was always my hope when we started renting, that we would move one more time, into a house we could live in for as long as we wanted. This house will be fine for the next five or so years, but we will most definitely have another move ahead of us. This house can't handle three teenage boys.

So the packing has started yet again. I am usually a professional packer, this is our eighth move in ten years, but at seven months pregnant I am struggling. The boys are great helps and we do have plenty of time this move, unlike the four days I had to pack up our last house. Yesterday I packed these moving buddies! I had previously tried to pack Woody, but the box didn't have room for Buzz. I've watched toy story enough to know these two are moving buddies and need to be in the same box. I also included a remote control car in case they need to make an escape.
 2. Last  Friday and Saturday there was quite the snow storm here, which I completely missed out on because I was at work. I HATE driving in the snow, but I have a job that I have to go to no matter what the weather does. I hear this weekend will be just as terrible, but possibly an ice storm instead of snow. So Rowan and I took full advantage of a lovely morning to go for a bike ride/walk around the neighborhood. Rowan was a trooper, riding his bike for my thirty minute walk and ending at the park for some fun. I'm so not a fan of winter. I'm ready for spring already.

 3. During our packing Zach found the last of his Engineering books, the ones he used to study for his Professional Engineering exam. He took that test years ago, he's licensed in multiple states, and has no plans of going back to school, so he finally decided it was time to part with these books. But our hoarding children found them first. Rowan is now obsessed with his Engineering books, his favorite being Electromechanical Energy Devices and Power Systems. After hours of trying to get him to study his letters (which he does not know all of) I convinced him that he could find letters in Daddy's books and highlight them. It's all very entertaining until we lost his beloved book last night and a full meltdown ensued.  It has been found and he is back to his studies.
 3. The other fun find during packing was one of Daddy's hats that looks so much better on Rowan. Zach doesn't have the head for hats, but Rowan does and this hat is oh so fancy, just like Ro!
 4. Zane has lost another tooth, or should I say, Zane has ripped another tooth out of his head. When he came out of his room with this last tooth I asked how he manages to pull teeth out that are barely loose. His response, and I quote was "This time I used a yo yo!" Begging the question what he had used for the previous two teeth, the answer was part of the wooded penguin in his room. He's a crazy person and claims this doesn't hurt him, but we have discussed not using foreign bodies to remove his teeth in the future. Now he has a huge hole in the front of his mouth where there are three teeth missing now.

 5. I know everyone is anxious to hear how little Alice is doing and the news is that she is still cooking. Aunt Kari's due date was yesterday and baby Alice wasn't ready to show her sweet face just yet. Kari is doing well, though I'm sure she's tired of being pregnant. The boys both gave their little cousin a pep talk at dinner this week, she obviously didn't listen to them. Zane and Rowan cannot wait to meet, and cuddle their newest cousin. So prayers for a save delivery and a healthy baby continue. I'm sure it won't be much longer!
 6.  Thatcher is hanging in there, he's getting bigger and is always kicking and squirming around in there. Last week was my glucose study, one of my least favorite parts of pregnancy, and I'm happy to report I do not have the betis!!! I'm also very happy that I'll never have to drink this nastiness again.
 7. My super fancy boy's newest love is ties. He found this old Christmas tie in his underwear drawer last week and really wanted to wear it to school on Wednesday. He did start the day in it, but we brought a slightly less fancy shirt to change into when the tie came off. Yesterday Uncle Able gave him a new bow tie which he really wanted to wear today, but I don't know how to tie it. Apparently that's something I need to know for my four year old's wardrobe.
8. In another installment of why do we ever buy or keep toys, the boys spent an extremely long time playing with wood scraps this evening. Zane had saw and Rowan had a hammer, lots of "working" took place. We had originally gone outside to ride bikes, but wood blocks is so much more fun. The neighbor boys came over eventually on their bikes and convinced them to take a spin in the gorgeous weather.


9. Let's see if there is any other news?? Not really! I did finally get started on Thatcher's baby blanket. My hands still hurt pretty bad most of the time (about time to schedule my appointment with the Rheumotologist for after baby) so crocheting isn't nearly as fun as it once was. I can do about two rows a night then my hands hurt too bad to continue. Good thing I only make blankets for my children and my nieces and nephews.

10. Baseball sign up for the spring was today. I think I found a solution to Rowan wanting to start t-ball this spring, which I really can't handle with a newborn. We have decided he'll do swimming,which is a 30 minute commitment once a week vs a few hours a week, and only ten dollars instead of a solid $100 or more for tball. We will reassess in the fall once we've figured the whole three kids things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment