It's gonna be rainy
It's gonna be Wednesday
It's gonna be baby day!
Last week the boys saw the weather on TV and Zane realized it was supposed to rain on Thatcher's birthday. Of course it is, because Grandpa Blakley will be over joyed about his new little Grandson and need to say hi. Ever since this discovery they have talked about baby brother coming on a stormy day, hence the little diddy above. Sometimes Rowan switches out Wednesday with Stormy, just depends on his mood, but he's been singing it all day and all last evening. It's very catchy and quite celebratory for T's bday!
2. Now onto the saga of my stubborn little boy baby. We went to the hospital in the middle of the night Sunday, just for kicks I guess. My contractions were three minutes apart when we left the house and extremely painful. But still no progress towards actual delivery. After writhing in pain for hour at the hospital, with the very uncomfortable monitors on, they told me my uterus looked "irritable" (spoiler alert that's not all that is irritable) and I should go home to "rest." Right, because that is so simple when you're having contractions every five minutes. I spent yesterday trying to get thirty or forty minutes of sleep here or there between contractions and not doing anything. Boys both went to school and mom, who had graciously come to our house in the middle of the night as well, helped me be able to stay seated most of the afternoon. Things are better today but still trying to do nothing since any contractions will just be painful and pointless. We go in for induction tomorrow morning at 5am. I really hope little man corporates so his brothers can meet him tomorrow evening or they will be fully devastated.
3. Through all my misery as of late my boys have been so loving and cuddly. Last night Zane sustained a minor head injury when a 4x4 fell on his head. Long story, involving the new playset we were given that is yet to be put together, and Zane's engineering skills, that ended with a board falling on his head. He was very cuddly and sad, possibly slightly concussed, so we all cuddled and watched Finding Dory. They are so sweet and can't wait for one more little boy to be added to these snuggles.
5. In our last few days together of just Rowan and I he has needed lots of cuddles. Turns out he didn't realize, or we failed to mention, that Mommy would be going to the hospital and staying there for a day or two when Thatcher was born. I think he thought I'd go, have him (very quickly) then bring him home. So last week we explained that I would be gone for a couple days and that Grandma (who he adores) would be staying here with them. This was devastating and ever since he realized this he's needed extra cuddles and has been pretty emotional. Overall he's doing really well being a big boy, but we shall see what the next few days brings. In good news his tiny body can probably be cuddled while holding a baby.
6. T-ball craziness continues. I say craziness because last week Zane had practice on Wednesday, I thought because practice day had been changed from Sunday afternoon to Wednesday evening. False, apparently the six year olds now need two practices and at least one game a week. I said absolutely not Sunday after a week where he'd already played two games and had a practice. That's just ridiculous and a really quick way to make my son hate t-ball. Thursday they played a t-ball game in 40 to 50 mph winds (no joke) it was the stupidest thing I've ever been a part of. I couldn't even watch most of it because if I turned my head towards the field I got a face of dirt. The boys were great sports, but think the little first baseman might have ended the evening blind. Oklahoma problems!
7. Speaking of Oklahoma weather, storm season is upon us once more. We cleaned out our storm shelter in preparation for the "big storms" coming Sunday. In the end we got a solid five minute sprinkle Sunday afternoon and an evening of entertainment from the weathermen who were all jazzed and over reacting to the first "storm" of the season.
8. For everyone wondering how the coin situation played out I'm guessing that the coin has passed since Rowan has had no complaints since then and has pooped multiple times. However, a week later he still thinks every poop as a coin in it. Who knows? I didn't investigate but assume he'd have had issues by now if it didn't pass. Never a dull moment here that's for sure.
9. Today was the last day of just it being just Rowan and I. Sadly it was very boring since I can't do much. Rowan told me I needed to clean my room this morning, which was a fair observation, so he helped me do that. We watched some Stinky and Dirty, he road his bike around while I watched, built some Legos, napped, looked at pictures, played in the office, and enjoyed our daily salads together for lunch. It was a gloomy, chilly day and he was bored to tears for most of it. I have so enjoyed these past nine months of just him and I, bitter sweet to see it coming to a close.
10. Well that's a wrap from the Korenaks. We're off to the hospital in the morning. I'm ready for it to be over. I am anxious about what unforeseen things might lie ahead, praying there are no huge surprises with this baby. Thanks for everyone's prayers and well wishes, keep them coming I'll need all the help I can get. I'll post pictures of our little man just as soon as I can.




No comments:
Post a Comment