Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Ten on Wednesday

1. Here's my fancy man, he was my buddy when we went to watch BW Swim at the state meet. He told me "Mom when I see myself, I just say FANCY!" Oh so true!!!! Love this kids spirit. Congrats to BW on making it onto the twelve and under State Relays for his swim team. It was the first time I've seen him swim this year and he's greatly improved. I watched him Friday and Saturday. Friday evening he chit chatted with me for a long time afterwards about all sorts of things, which I adored. He's growing up, too fast, into a great young man.


 2. Hard to believe this was Saturday morning, when Zane apparently had Strep throat, but was flying kites in the backyard. I didn't initiate this activity, honestly I have no idea where they found their kites from Easter last year, or how they got them put together. They did it all by themselves and got them flying pretty well on a day without much wind, there was lots of running in circles and luckily we have a huge yard to do it in. The huge power lines are behind our fence and their kites never got up over maybe 4 feet off the ground, so everyone who is freaking out about them I promise they were being safe.


 3. This weekend we finally set up baby Thatcher's crib. We put it off a week to make sure Rowan and Zane could figure out how to actually SLEEP in the same room. After threats ranging from skinny jeans to burning the bunk beds down, they are now sleeping well with little to no playing in the evening. So Thatcher gets the crib. The boys helped clean years of dried milk off of it and got it spic and span for little Thatchy.
 This picture is too much cuteness for me. Rowan was pretending to talk to baby brother and spent most of the day "checking" on him. He's going to be such a good brother.
 4. Here is the wall set up for Thatcher's room, which I adore. It's a miss mash of things from the boys nurseries and a trip to hob lob. The tee pee birdhouse at the bottom right is going to be a nightlight and it's going to be so cute and perfect for our sure to be very adventurous little guy. Rowan has been keeping me motivated to find and unpack baby stuff for Thatcher all week. I think all the boxes are finally down from the attic, there are clothes in the drawers, toys in baskets, burp clothes, blankets, hats, and tiny socks and shoes ready for our little man. I do need some changing pad covers, I threw all the old ones out after Rowan was out of diapers, and some new crib sheets and possibly some diapers at some point, but all and all we are ready for little man. I am down to work my two days a week farther apart in hopes of not going into labor. I'm 35 weeks today so I need to hold on a few more weeks before Mr. Thatcher makes his grand entrance.


5. This was Saturday morning cuddles. For the first part of the day I thought Zane might be growing up, not being able to get out of bed, wanting to laz around, like a teenager. I should have known better, he was just sick, he'll never not be running around.


6. Rowan spent his birthday money at the Dollar Tree on Friday afternoon, after being devastated that no one was coming to visit us. He bought some bases to play baseball with, I thought in our big backyard. False! He set up a nice little field on our very tiny porch. Silly boy!
7. Yesterday Zane was home "sick" since he hadn't been on antibiotics for 24 hours. You can see how bad he felt since we went on an epic nature walk and found this little stick house in the woods by our house. It was partially built and then we added to it a little while we were there. We did some bird watching and even found some goose feathers while we were out and about.


 8. I have lost count of how many teeth this kid as lost, but he currently has a really pathetic smile with one big grown up tooth and not much else there right now. His most recent tooth was lost Saturday night and in good news the tooth fairy found our house.
 9. Also during our sick day we made the first fort in the new house. The boys enjoyed it as always and Rowan got caught up on another Disney movie he's missed out on, Robin Hood. A classic!
 10. Work on unpacking and pulling the house together is coming along slowly. This week I got a few pictures up on the bookcase and successfully emptied a few more boxes from the office. All the essentials are out now we're down to stuff that needs to be hung up or things I could probably get rid of. Yesterday, during our full of day of playing school we set up an art wall in the "art class" area. I love it. Zane recently came home with lots of master pieces from his actual art class, his favorite special, all of which I felt needed to be properly displayed. That' way they range from fall leaves to Abraham Lincoln.

Finally I want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my big sister! I hope you had a great day on the fourth grade field trip!!! I can't imagine a better way to spend your bday! Love you!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment