Here is Rowan after saying "Mommy can you get me my blanket and a blanket?" I love his little face.
2. Before getting sick Rowan hit up some friends of mine, selling popcorn on behalf of his brother. He wears the hat and even has a little speech that he gives. It's adorable and we are only four sales away from filling up our entire order form.
3. Rowan's skeleton costume has arrived! He's working on learning all his bones and I think he will have them mastered by Halloween. What a cute little skeleton.
4.The jury is still out on what Thatcher is going to be for Halloween. Today we tried on a Santa costume, an elf costume, and last we tried on Rowan's horse costume. All were too small so it's still up for debate.
5. I worked all weekend and while I was gone Zach was a rock star single parent. Sunday he got both boys to Sunday school, took every one to baseball practice, and rounded out the day by hosting a Cub Scout den meeting at our house. Rock star, he's now joke folks. They made gourd birdhouse, planted bulbs, and went on a nature walk, as well as all the Oaths and Laws that are required at all Cub Scout events. Thanks Zach you're amazing!6. Next week is fall break for Zane's school. The year has kind of started off with mixed results. I think academically things are going well. Today I asked him what part of his school work he has a hard time with and his response was "none of it, because I'm very smart." Great he also is not lacking in confidence. However, there's been quite a bit of drama from the playground and the bus. Misunderstandings, hurt feelings, all sorts of things, but he's done well working through them. Parent teacher conferences are next week, we'll see what the teacher has to say about the year so far.
7. Thatcher had his six month doctor's appointment today. He weighed in at 20lbs even (87th percentile), 27.5 inches long (78th percentile), and he has a huge head. For comparison sake Rowan weighed in at a whopping 15lbs when he was six months old, but was around the same length. Zane was an inch taller and a pound lighter. I'm not sure I can handle a larger child than Zane, but if he's going to be as big as Zane he's going to need to be as tall. He got all his shots and then I sprung a flu shot on Rowan just to mix it up. Two screaming kids, lots of fun. It reminded me of the one time I scheduled baby Rowan and 3 yr old Zane's doctor's appointments at the same time. Both got shots, both were crying, it was a nightmare. I'm pretty sure I left crying. Today I was totally fine with it. I handed my screaming baby over to the doctor, while I put my four year old in a full blown wrestling hold, then everyone was fine by the time we walked out. I think I've mastered this parenting thing. I guess that means it's time for the next stage. Dang it.
8. Yesterday it was hot and muggy, highs in the 80s, until right around the time baseball games started last night when a cold front came blowing through freezing all the baseball players and their families. Luckily I knew this was coming. I bundled up the baby and brought blankets to share. Today it was chilly and gloomy. It felt like fall, which on the one hand is great (even though tomorrow we're back into the 80s) but on the other once it's fall it is a fast slide into the end of the year. Halloween snowballs right into Thanksgiving and then I'll blink and it will be the first of the year. For some reason this time of year goes by so fast I can't keep up. I am trying to prep myself to slow down and take it all in. We'll see how that goes.
9. Thatcher and I stayed home from this evening's ball game because it was too chilly. Good news that I did because Thatcher was one crabby baby who, wait for it..... wanted to cuddle me!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish he could be less crabby and more cuddly on a normal day.
10. Thatcher's eyes are changing. They look exactly like Zane's eyes. They are lightening up, becoming more bright blue. I love those eyes. Rowan has my eyes, which is nice, especially on the kid that doesn't look like me at all, but I do love these blue eyes.







No comments:
Post a Comment