Monday, October 2, 2017

Thatcher's 6 Month Update

Half a year is already gone and I find myself panicking about how quickly my baby is growing up. I love this squishy little boy so much it hurts and he's becoming more fun everyday. However, I'd kill for him to rest his little head on my shoulder again. This month I felt he's made huge developmental strides, doing all kinds of new things. First up, he mastered rolling from his belling back to his back. He was very close to crawling, lots of planking and baby rocking, but then he learned how to go from his belly to sitting up and his crawling practice was quickly put on hold. This is welcome news to me, he's adorable, sitting up straight, like a big boy. Usually he can be found playing with his little tool bench, swaying to it's music or to the sound of his crazy brothers. He does make his way around the living room easily, but has yet to get into anything crazy or choke on any trash on the floor, but I feel that coming very soon.







This month he's spent a lot of time at the baseball fields, sitting up like a big boy in his stroller. He's much more interested in his toys, banging stuff around, trying to eat everything. He's such a great sport, tolerating hours away from the house for games, practices, or running errands, without any complaint. He naps when he naps and often doesn't, he has no semblance of a routine during the day, besides eating every four or five hours, but he naps when he falls asleep, and for the most part remains the happiest baby. Today he took an hour and a half nap in the stroller. I was only running for forty minutes or so, but he was sleeping peacefully so I let him nap in the living room, in his stroller. The life of a third child I suppose.






Here is, my big man enjoying his new found love of sitting up. First up swinging, on the big boy swings. He loves it! Now he can also sit up in the big boy high chair at restaurants. He's an amazing little eater, he loves baby food, but has yet to enjoy any of the other various foods I've let him try.




These are my favorite pictures, they are few and far between these days. He really hates being cuddled to sleep and it very rarely happens anymore. He rolls around in his bed by himself and usually ends up falling asleep on his belly with his cute little bottom up in the air. I'll miss the sleepy, baby snuggles, the most.
 

 
 A close second favorite part of little T being a part of our family is watching him play with his big brothers. His brother's couldn't love him more. They remain a huge help with him and love playing with him and reading to him.



 


 
Anyway I love my little man. Everyday I think about how close we were to not having this baby boy. And I think about much more fun and wonderful our family is with him in it. I do find myself thinking how I'm sure I would feel that way about five more kids, but am trying to be ok with just these three wonderful boys. Love them!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment