We had a very busy, very productive Easter weekend. Saturday we spent all day working in our garden/yard. I am not quite sure why I dig up my little vegetable garden every year and try to plant new veggies. They never grow or really produce any vegetables, but it's just in my DNA to put some plants in the ground at this time of year. So we dug up the whole area and started again. It should be noted that I love gardening. I grew up working in the dirt, getting my hands dirty, planting seeds, and plants and then enjoying the fruits of my labor later in the summer. Sadly I also have RA, which means shoveling and pulling weeds is a terrible idea. Zach would gladly do all the heavy lifting and Zane helped me dig, but I over did it and have spent the past few days paying for it. My hands are on fire and I'm sadly realizing all the things I really have to avoid doing, all things I love to do.
The new bushes are smaller currently, but in the end will be so much bigger and prettier.
First iris of the season
We also finally redid our front flower bed, getting rid of the ugly, generic bushes that were there when we bought the house, replacing them with crape myrtles that eventually will be tall and bloom all summer. My gardening goals are things that bloom for long periods of time. Bulbs are beautiful, but for a week, I need more flowers that will continue to bloom through the crazy Oklahoma heat. We finished all our planting and working Sunday afternoon before our family festivities.
Thatcher was a big helper, as you can see.
The night before Easter the boys went to Scouts Night at the Oklahoma City Dodger's game. I stayed home with Thatcher and Grandma joined us for a trip to the plant store. The boys got to go on the field before the game for an Easter egg hunt, followed by the Scouts parade around the field, and they got to stay on the field for the National anthem. It was eighties night at the ball field so every one got 89er hats. I hear they had a great time and I was fast asleep when they finally arrived home from the game at eleven o'clock at night.
Rowan was on the ball this year, guessing the locations before Zane was done reading the clue.
Books, candy, legos all the normal Easter basket things.
Thatcher is a big fan of a the chocolate carrot.
Brother pictures went amazingly well with the bribe of bubbles when we were finished. I love their matching shirts so much and every year I think it's going to be the last year we can make this work, but so far I've managed to find some every time. But seriously this could be the last time with matching shirts, for real.
Zane even took a picture of Zach and which never happens.
Then we were off to Easter morning mass. It just doesn't feel truly like Easter without the live animals and the creation story, but it was gorgeous mass and we did sing Jesus Christ Has Risen Today, all be it way too slowly. There were tons of brand new babies sitting around us being adorable, but we opted to send Thatcher to childcare so we could actually enjoy the mass. The whole Blakley clan was there, Able and Kari snuck out with their squirming babies before pictures, but I loved that we were all there together.
Our family celebrations took place at Able and Kari's this year. It was borderline hot but we had a great time hunting eggs and playing with cousins. There is really nothing cuter than Thatcher and Alice strung out on candy. They did great hunting eggs and the big kids did a great job leaving all the easy eggs to them. We did get a picture of all the cousins in the same place, if not all looking in the same direction.
Baby Worth is a big fan of Uncle Zach, specifically eating his nose. Look at those chubby cheeks. I cannot get enough of him.
My siblings and mother were all at this celebration as well but I didn't manage to get any pictures of the grown ups. Dinner was delicious and we all get to eat at one big table, which never happens, and was a real treat. So now that Easter is over we are preparing for the big First Communion weekend this weekend. Lots more celebrations to come.

































No comments:
Post a Comment