I'm not sure how we hadn't had a dinosaur party yet at our house, but we finally corrected that error last weekend with Thatcher's second birthday party. T isn't hugely into dinosaurs, he isn't hugely into anything, but will play with the big box of plastic dinosaurs if given the chance and enjoys Dinosaur Train from time to time so it seemed like as good of a theme as anything. His party was postponed a week due to everyone in our family coming down with the stomach bug the weekend after his birthday. It all turned out great since last Saturday the weather was absolutely gorgeous, perfect for playing in the backyard with cousins.
How about the party hat I made for our biggest dinosaur? Zane picked him out for his second or third birthday as the present he wanted from Toys-R-Us (RIP Toys-R-Us). He's been with us through all the moves and has never really gotten put away because he's just so fun. We also had hoards of other dinosaurs lined up all on the counters/tables around the house for the entire week. Easter decorations are also up so it was sort of an Easter Dinosaur party.
Saturday afternoon I sent out a request for donut holes to the Aunts and Uncles. They are Thatcher's favorite and I had neglected to acquire any. His Aunts and Uncles delivered big time, both sets bringing dozens of donut holes and Aunt Abbey even brought real donuts as well. Thatcher would have stood in his tower and eaten this entire bowl of donut holes had I not taken it away from him. He has a real problem.
Caught red handed.
His brother's helped make the cake, which turned out to be one of my favorites. I bought new, smaller dinosaurs for the occasion, which came with the perfect sized trees as well. Also my secret to most cakes is chocolate rocks. They are adorable and I use them in the majority of my cake creations.
Finished product, it looks pretty similar to Rowan's first birthday Zoo cake.
Thatcher loves singing happy birthday to people and quite enjoyed having it sung to him as well. The big dinosaur joined in on the singing too.
Thatcher blew out his candles like a champ!
Kid's table fun!
Present time! Thatcher still isn't a huge fan of unwrapping presents, but his cousins were happy to help get his goodies out. The Richard's bought him his own scooter and the Blakley's got him more dinosaur things and tools for his play dough.
Then we headed outside to play and somehow this little stinker convinced me he needed another donut after all those donut holes and his piece of cake. Look how proud of himself he is.
The cousins played a pretty intense dodge ball game against the Uncles. The Uncles are all getting old aren't as quick as they once were. I also have decided I need to plant a tree for third base, there is always lots of confusion as to where third base is and arguments ensue. I'm thinking a red bed tree.
Alice found her daddy running very entertaining.
Baby Worth is getting so big and has the most wonderful, chubby cheeks. I got to snuggle and love on him and even put him to sleep. These two are the cutest things ever.
Not sure what the final score of the dodge ball game was, but every one seemed to have a great time and went home full of cake/donuts. In amazing, ground breaking news no one got sick at this party. I feel like that never happens with my kids birthday parties so I'm taking it as a big win.Monday we woke up and had leftover donuts, courtesy of Aunt Abbey, then headed to his two year old well doctor's visit.
He is every minute of two, immediately being scared of the nurse when she came to get us. Stranger danger is real for two year olds and she's the one who always gives him shots. He is, as you probably guessed, large. He weighs 34lbs and is some equally ridiculous height. When we measured him on our growth chart board at home he is right at how tall Rowan was at three years old. He's definitely my big model.Other than being large he is a healthy, happy, little guy and took his shot like a champ. He got a Spiderman Band-Aid which he talked to the rest of the afternoon. "Spiderman, what you doing?" So it was all worth it.




















No comments:
Post a Comment