2. Here is Zane in his new car, courtesy of Grammi and Papa. This is actually Levi's car on loan for the day because we needed to take it back to St. Louis in the box. Levi had double pneumonia last week and spent a few days in the hospital, but seemed to be recovering nicely. He would play with Zane for a little bit then need to go lay on the couch for a while. Don't worry Aunt Audra brought her stethoscope and checked out his lungs, they were gunky for sure, but sounded alright and he look like he was feeling better.
He also rode the horse, which was tons of fun, though it occasionally "bucked" which almost led to some tumbles.
And he also found this red little car to ride on.
3. Adeline's birthday theme this year was Hello Kitty so all the same little girls that were at the tea party last year dressed to the nines came to this years party in Hello Kitty shirts and most of them in tutu skirts. They were all very adorable and all seemed much older than last year. Here is the birthday girl. Doesn't she look all grown up. I just adore this kid!Here she is last year, turning four years old,
And here is Miss Adeline turning five.
4. Zach flew to Atlanta yesterday for a business trip which has left mom, Zane, and I to hold down the fort. I worked yesterday and part of today, I got to come home a little early since I sent all my patients home. Mom and Zane had already had quite a busy day, including a trip to Toys R Us, but once I got home we headed to a Barnes and Noble for some new dinosaur books. We now have How Do Dinosaurs Say I Love You and How Do Dinosaurs Love their Dogs. They were the only ones there that we didn't already own. We also got Dizzy Dinosaur which is a pop out dinosaur book and Zane roars at every page, very funny stuff. Also, this was the first time we took a trip to the book store and Zane actually played with the train table instead of throwing trains around and tearing up tracks. I'm thinking a train table may be in order for his birthday.
5. As mentioned above Zane loved the riding toys at Aunt Trina's and when Grandma B heard this she informed me she had planned on getting him one for Christmas, but didn't because I had told her I thought he would kill himself on one. This still could be true but he played on them, perfectly safely, for two days at Aunt Trina's and loved it, so I gave the green light on the riding toy. This is what prompted their Toys R Us trip today. Now Zane is the proud owner of doggy riding toy, who we have named Spot. I haven't taken any pictures of him yet, but as you could guess it is a white dog with black spots that rolls around, too cute. I had planned to go to some resale shops and find one on the cheap, but this is much cuter. Thanks Grandma B.
6. This evening Zane, Grandma, and I had a dinosaur train dance party. This isn't the first party of this sort, Zach and I have them with Zane all the time. I downloaded the dinosaur train CD, Vol. 1 a few weeks ago and it has all of Zane's favorites on it, such as, Every Dinosaur Poops, All Aboard, and Dinosaurs A-Z. He spins around, stomps his feet like a T-rex, and dances his little heart out. It is very cute and quite the workout for me because he really likes to dance with me holding him. I am pretty sure the dance party threw me into an asthma attack this evening. I had a doctor's appointment already scheduled for tomorrow, I think I might leave out the part that the asthma attack was brought on by dancing with my one year old. She would probably tell me I am morbidly obese and should exercise more, which is all true.
7. Mom and I are deep into planning the Mario World Adventure Land ( the name is still being debated) which we are going to create in Abbey's back yard for Brendan's party Saturday. We thought about a race, but decided on just a fun play area with all sorts of Mario themed things. I am usually in charge of decorations at Brendan's parties, but that usually just entails hanging a few things from the ceiling and blowing up some balloons. This year is going to be my greatest challenge yet, I can't wait to start the decorating. I hope Brendan likes it and that the weather forecast saying it is going to be 65 degrees in Oklahoma Saturday is accurate.
8. Thanks to Zane's new affinity for saying cheese whenever a camera comes out we are getting a few more pictures of him actually looking at the camera. Here are some examples
This picture kind of makes me sad because I look like a crack head and my husband and child look super cute. Not to mention the fact that my son looks nothing like me, but whatever, still a good picture of Zane.
Here is a great picture of Zane with Papa and Grammi. In other cute news Zane says Papa perfectly, so cute.9. In related news we are having Zane's 18 monthish pictures taken February fourth at the City Museum. I have never been there, but I hear it is fun with tons of stuff to climb on that I am sure will make for adorable little boy photos.
10. Tomorrow is my only day off before our trip to Oklahoma this weekend. I have tons to do and a bit of stir crazy little boy on my hands. Hopefully I can get all my laundry done, pack Zane and I's bags, go to the doctor, make a trip to Hobby Lobby, and the amazing puzzle store in Kirkwood all while keeping Zane entertained and alive. Wish me luck!
No comments:
Post a Comment