1. Today we flew back from our trip to Oklahoma. We flew down on Friday, Saturday was Brendan's big fifth birthday party, then we spent the rest of the time hanging out at the farm. Zane thoroughly enjoyed playing with his cousins and seeing all the farm animals. He even got a certificate for his first flight today at the airport. I didn't have the heart to tell the woman that Zane has flown about ten times already, but still a nice gesture.
2. The Mario birthday party was a big success. Mom and I made a Mario adventure land in the back yard, which was a huge hit. We had the big black chomper, power flowers, power stars, mushrooms, tunnels to crawl through, balloons with coins in them, and a yoshi they could throw eggs with confetti at, oh what fun!!!!! I added the picture of the cakes as well, since I know everyone was dying to see what Abbey came up with this year. They are planets from Mario World, very cute.
3. Yesterday mom, Anna, and I took Zane on a little zoo trip around to the neighbors. We went and saw the horse farm up by the high school. We got to pet a mare that just got done being ridden. Zane may have been more excited about the dog at that particular farm than the horses. Then we headed up the road to see Vera's goats and chickens. Zane petted all the goats, talked to the chickens, and tried to avoid being attacked by the huge dog. Of course Zaney was also in charge of helping grandma with her chickens every day at the farm.
4. Here is Zaney gathering the eggs. He even shooed a chicken off her nest to get her egg. Anna and I were both slightly frightened, but Zane didn't even blink an eye. There was one stubborn chicken who wouldn't get off her nest. Zane was pretty concerned about her not getting off the egg. He continued to yell at her even after we had left the the chicken house. What a great little farmer.
5. All the kids have matching red and black jackets at the farm. We tried, and failed, to get them all in a picture together, but here are Maggie and Zane looking cute in their jackets.
6. There was a mini dust bowl at the farm Sunday. There were 75mph winds, sweeping down the planes, blowing the red dirt from the new oil well straight into mom's house. It was the craziest thing I had ever seen and was too scared to go out into the dust to take a picture. I can only imagine that was what the actual dust bowl was like, but Grandma always said the cloud of dirt was black.
7. This was my first trip with the Ipad and I have to say I love reading with it on the plane. It is great because you don't have to bring a big book and you don't even have to hold it. I just set it up on my tray table and could read away. I wasn't holding Zane once he fell asleep on the plane, but I think even if I had been I could have held it, without difficulty, and read while he slept. Surprisingly we didn't really use it with Zane that much. We didn't want to use it in the port, in order to avoid a melt down when we had to turn it off, but then he fell asleep on the plane before we could use it. I am not complaining, he was a great traveler and I thoroughly enjoyed the Ipad.
8. During this trip it became obvious that Zane is a music junkie. He loved rocking out on Grandma's piano, he found her CD player immediatly and wanted to hear tunes, we had multiple dance parties, he played her Native American flute, her tambourine, and numerous other musical instruments around the house. He is forever wiggling his little body, with one hand in the air, to the music in his head. I love it! His new favorite thing on the Ipad is his Dinosaur Train music, over all his games. Pretty sure Grandma loved it too.
9. My new duvet cover was waiting for me when we got home from our trip. I put my new, happy bed together, and I love it! The sheets that I had put on my wish list years ago, which I got for Christmas, match my new bedding perfectly! How lucky is that! I can't wait to pick out some paint color to go with my new, cozy, bedding.
10. Lastly, for those of you who don't follow my sisters blog, yesterday we found out that she is having another little baby boy!!! I love baby boys so I am very excited! He will be my fifth nephew and I can't wait to meet him. Abbey got the super long ultra sound, thanks to Zane's heart condition, and I am happy to report all looks well with little baby Richards. I got to see his pictures today before we left. I cannot get enough of little baby fingers and toes! Congrats Richards clan!
No comments:
Post a Comment