Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Ten on Tuesday

1. It has been unseasonably warm here the past couple days which has given Zane a chance to play with his new cozy coup that he got for Christmas. There isn't a lot of room for him to drive it around here, but we have pushed him around the yard and he tries to drive it around on our little back patio, he just runs into the table, house, or grill pretty quickly. This mornings outside time ending with a fall with Zane hitting his face on the leg of a chair.
   *Sorry I don't have pictures our camera's battery was dead and I didn't know it.

2. Needless to say our Boo Boo bunny has been busy today. This is the one I have, which I found randomly in a little baby boutique while I was pregnant. Recently it has gotten a lot of use. Zane felt like he really wanted it on the opposite cheek than the one that was hurt, but after a little instruction he figured it out and left it on his bruise for quite some awhile.

3. For some reason this week Zane has seemed to become  so much more of a big boy rather than a baby. I gave him a hair cut, the first one I had done without mom's help. This always takes him back to being a big boy, looking so much like Grandpa. Then we decided he needed a booster seat for the table, not just a high chair, and we got him a little singing step stool for the bathroom for future potty training adventures. Those obviously aren't starting anytime soon, but he also needs it for when he washes his hands.

4. The other new thing that has really made me realize that my baby isn't a baby anymore is that one of Zach's work friends brought over a big boy bed that his son had out grown. It is a very nice bed, very sturdy, with drawers underneath and shelves on the head board. It will be perfect some day, but I just can't envision Zaney in a big boy bed. Also, the big boy transition will mean changing rooms as well, so we have to repaint the other room and do all sorts of changes before that happens. For now my baby is staying in his crib. Is that bad?

5. Today I watched The Little Mermaid with Zane for the first time. He was pretty cuddling after his facial injury and that was the first Disney movie I saw in the drawer. I am pretty confident that it is my favorite Disney movie and Ariel is my favorite Princess! There I said it!

6. Zane is now wearing size 7 shoes after complaining about his shoes being too tight the whole Oklahoma trip. He is rocking some Chucky T's like Uncle Able's but the low top version. They look huge on him, but his toes are right where they should be. I can't keep this kid in shoes to save my life. Time to hit up the resale stores again.

7. Zane thinks our TV should be a touch screen. This is the funniest thing ever to watch. He really has started to enjoy looking through the different selections on the streaming Netflix screen on our TV, but he goes up and tries to get the screen to slide over, like on the Ipad. It is so cute, but he does get pretty frustrated when it doesn't actually swipe over when touches it.

8. I need to get back to scrapbooking. I haven't done it in a couple weeks and I miss it. I wish I had a craft room, isn't that everyone's dream? I could organize everything and not worry about having to put everything away so we can use our kitchen table after making one page. That is a dream, so I  might need to find a better system for the house I am in .

9. Today will be our first night getting extreme and I have to say I'm pretty nervous. However, I need to do something again and it is always a good workout so it should be good. I have tracked my calories for a couple days now, trying to stay on the wagon for at least a little bit.

10. Lastly I would like to welcome little Hadley Marie Nyman into the world. Congrats to my friend Talisha, who sounds like had a rough labor, after being a week past due. Little Hadley was born on the 28th weighing 6lb 1oz, and everyone is doing great! Congrats Nyman Family and welcome to Mommyhood Talisha, you will love it!

1 comment:

  1. No you should not put that child in a big boy bed for the sole reason that he needs to be confined at sleeping times. Can you imagine what all he could get into if he could get out and buzz around in there after you put him to bed? Really. He is just fine where he is. He will be in a big boy bed for the rest of his life. Let him stay a little bitty boy for a little longer.

    ReplyDelete