1. Time is flying by with our busy schedules. Due to two trips, scheduled close together, I have not had very many days off so cannot seem to get things done. I also am missing Zane, but in good news we are going on a family Vaca to Chicago for the weekend.
2. The family vacation to Chicago has been a bit dicey. I found out this weekend that the NATO Summit is being held there this weekend, which means that not only is the President going to be in town, the Occupy people are going to be in town, security is going to be increased, and some roads/public transportation is going to be interrupted. After talking to numerous people who live there and having mom talk to the locals during her visit Sunday, we have decided it will be fine. We will just avoid the area of town where the Summit is taking place. Surely the occupy people aren't anti Children's Museums, right? The main reason we are going is that we got the Hilton on the cheap off of Priceline, so our money is nonrefundable. It will be an adventure to say the least, wish us luck.
3. Needless to say I spent a large portion of time at work today contemplating how to keep Zane entertained in the hotel room for the few hours a night that we need to just chill out and not be doing something. I googled it and here are the ground breaking suggestions I got, "Bring toys, take a walk, go swimming, nap..." Who seriously read that and said, "Oh yeah we should bring toys." USELESS!!! The one night he has spent in a hotel before did not go so great, but he is six months older and I am bringing many more toys/entertainment. If all else fails he will get to play the iPad a lot this vacation, which he will enjoy. I am buying him a magna doodle for the trip, slightly better than the iPad the entire time.
4. Zane's sleeping has taken a turn for the worse, again, which included a two hour stretch last night of screaming, putting him back in bed, cuddles....rinse repeat. The issue is he doesn't just randomly, kind of cry, he literally wakes up screaming bloody murder, like he has had his arm cut off. So we rush in there and he is totally fine. Or what happened last night, we let him cry, because we know that he is fine, and he finally wakes himself up to the point that he got out of bed and was playing... failure. I am out of ideas, but we had a long talk with him this evening about staying in his bed, not screaming unless he had a boo boo, and that he needed to drink the water, from the cup in his bed, not ask for milk when he wakes up. I might as well have been giving that talk to the wall..... sigh.
5. Gardening update: My broccoli have survived to adulthood without much rabbit damage. They all have little broccoli on them and I am super excited. My lettuce grew well but after three salads that were extremely bitter and tasted like dirt I pulled it all up yesterday in attempt to give the beets more room to grow. I love fresh beets, but can't seem to figure out how to make them work. I thinned them out and everything and they are still very little. The bunnies ate the tops of some as well, which I am sure isn't helping. Both tomato plants are doing well, pruned back appropriately and everything. And in the most exciting news, both of my volunteer squash plants are thriving as well. I think my garden might actually have some produce this year. Fingers crossed!
6. Zach and I are still trying to stay on our workout routine, but as mentioned above I haven't had very many days off that we have been home so we aren't doing great. We did work out once while at the farm, which is unheard of and we did work out last night, but then we be gone for three days. Maybe my walking all over God's creation in Chicago will count for some exercise. I'm pretty sure I will always be fat though, sad face.
7. The heat is on to finish my newest nephew's baby blanket. I was doing so well before I went to OK. I am about half done, but have no time to work on it and that baby is coming out soon. I maybe I could work on it in the car. How did I use to crochet blankets in no time, right no child, I remember.
8. On my one day off last week Zane and I went to the zoo with my friend Allie. It was a Friday and super busy but we had a great time. More animals are out at the children's zoo now that it is the busy season. In disappointing news my membership only includes six parking passes now, which is a huge bummer since we go about once a month.
9. I had an uneventful Mother's Day since I had to work. There is a family, whose daughter passed away on our floor years ago, who come up and pass out Mother's Day Gifts to all the patient's mother's and all the people who work there every year.That was nice and I had a patient give me some lotion as well. We brought tons of food to celebrate my friend Amy's last weekend with us. She is going to travel nurse, which is super sad, but I'm excited for her. We all ate till we couldn't breath to celebrate! Zach and Zane had cards and dinner for me when I got home.
10. Zach is the only Engineer at his job now so he is struggling trying to sort through the old Engineers papers/files and do the job of two people, with little help. He is super busy and frustrated. Hopefully they get someone hired to fill the other Engineering spot soon so Zach doesn't loose his mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment